Man says he was robbed during drug buy
A 35-year-old man told Myrtle Beach police he was assaulted and his friend’s mo-ped was stolen when he met a man on Mr. Joe White Avenue to buy a “dime bag” of marijuana, according to a police report.
The victim told officers he met the suspect about 1:30 a.m. Friday and asked him about purchasing some marijuana and the suspect told him to follow him from 1401 Mr. Joe White Ave., to an area on Warren Street, police said.
The victim said at the second location the suspect punched him and hit him in the head, according to the report. The victim said he started running away from the suspect, who chased after him.
The victim said he went to the fire station to call police and watched down Warren Street as the suspect took a mo-ped that belonged to the victim’s friend and push it behind a house, according to the report. Police took a man into custody in the area, but the victim said it was not the suspect.
The mo-ped was valued at $900.
Man robbed when masseuse arrives
A 41-year-old man told Myrtle Beach police two men forced their way inside his apartment and robbed him at gunpoint after he called a personal masseuse early Thursday, according to a police report.
The victim told officers that about 3 a.m. Thursday the woman arrived at his apartment at 2215 Brewster Drive and as he opened the door to invite her inside, two men pushed the door and forced their way inside, police said.
The victim said one man pointed a handgun with a laser light on it at him and they forced him to kneel on the floor with his hands behind his head, according to the report. The victim said he asked the suspects not to shoot him as they searched through his home and opened drawers.
The victim said the suspects took his laptop, two cordless phone handsets, an iPhone and two Guess watches before they left the apartment and threatened to kill him if he left and followed them, according to the report. The victim said after the suspects left he emailed his father about the robbery and his father came to his apartment so he could call police.
The woman left with the two male suspects and police searched the area, but did not locate any of the suspects.
Man sentenced to three years for assault
A Loris man was ordered by a circuit court judge to serve three years in prison on a domestic assault charge, according to court records.
Simon Scott, 34, entered an Alford plea to a charge of criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature, records showed.
In an Alford plea, the defendant does not admit guilt, but acknowledges a jury would likely convict based on the evidence.
Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Culbertson sentenced Scott to three years in prison, according to court records. Scott was given credit for the time he’s served and must pay court costs.
Scott was charged on April 12 and entered the plea on Monday. Details about the incident from which the charge stemmed from were not immediately available.
Scott was booked into J. Reuben Long Detention Center on April 11 and had been held there until his plea. He also was charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct, kidnapping, two counts of violation of order of protection and five counts of unlawful neglect of a child.