Christmas events in overdrive
Choose from various events for Christmas cheer, some for free, unless otherwise noted:
• “The Nutcracker” by Coastal Youth Ballet Theatre of Murrells Inlet, 4 p.m. at Beach Church, 557 George Bishop Parkway, between U.S. 501 and U.S. 17 Bypass, just west of Myrtle Beach. At door: $20 adults, $15 for children/seniors. 651-2006 orwww.coastalyouthballettheatre.org
• “A Holly Day Tea & Symphony,” with music by a Long Bay Symphony Youth Orchestra ensemble, 1:30-4 p.m. at Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club, on U.S. 17; $35. 448-8379 orwww.longbaysymphony.com
• “Christmas Towne” and tree lighting, benefiting U.S. Marine Corps Reserves Toys for Tots, 2-6:30 p.m., with Myrtle Beach Tree Lighting at 6 p.m., at Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North. 626-7444 orwww.grandstrandevents.com
• “The Nutcracker’ ballet by Academy of Dance and Fine Arts, 2 and 6 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach High School, 3750 Sea Mountain Road. $12. 663-5678 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sea Notes Choral Society Holiday Concert finale, 3 p.m. at Hatch Auditorium N.C. Baptist Assembly at Fort Caswell 100 Caswell Beach Road, Caswell Beach. 910-253-1643.
• “TubaChristmas,” 5 p.m. in Myrtle Beach mall, on U.S. 17 at S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. 910-962-7559 orwww.tubachristmas.com
• Joe Castillo, sand artist, telling the Christmas story, 6 p.m. at Christ United Methodist Church, 901 Fantasy Way, close to U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach. Free with ticket, reserved at 497-0580 orwww.groundzeromb.com
; any remaining tickets available at the door at 5:50 p.m.
• “A Celebration of Carols,” 6:30 p.m. in Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17 N. 249-2329.
• Ecumenical “Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols,” 7 p.m. at Holy Cross Faith Memorial Episcopal Church, 113 Baskervill Drive, Litchfield Beach, west of U.S. 17. 386-6523 orwww.hcfm.us
‘ElfWORKS’ helps museum
“ElfWORKS,” benefiting the Children’s Museum of South Carolina, has opened for Saturdays-Sundays through Dec. 23, geared to families with children ages 8 and younger. Details at 946-9469 or www.cmsckids.org.
Details | noon-4 p.m. at The Market Common, 3073 Howard Ave., Myrtle Beach, between the Sunglass Hut and Fossil stores; $5 donation ages 2 and older (or $3 museum members), and free ages 1 and younger.
Strand Cinema shows film
See “Being Flynn,” from 2012, with the Strand Cinema group. Details at 325-4190 or www.swampfoxplayers.com.
Details | 2:30 p.m. at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown; $5 for Strand Cinema members, otherwise $7.
Theaters light up season
Two theaters continue their December shows, both at 3 p.m.:
• “Holiday on Main Street: ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” by Theatre of the Republic, at Main Street Theatre, 337 Main. St., Conway. $18. 488-0821 orwww.theatreoftherepublic.com
“Holiday Memories” by Atlantic Stage, at 79th Avenue Theatre, at Coastal Carolina University’s Myrtle Beach Education Center, at U.S. 17 Bypass; $27.50 general admission, $22.50 seniors (ages 55 and older)/educators/military, and $17.50 students. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach