State parks open daily
Both area state parks are open every day of the year, including holidays, for walks, bicycling and nature and bird watching. Details at www.southcarolinaparks.com.
• Huntington Beach State Park, 6 a.m.-8 p.m. on U.S. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Brookgreen Gardens; call 237-4440.
• Myrtle Beach State Park, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. on U.S. 17 Business, one mile south of Farrow Parkway/South Ocean Boulevard, across from Seagate Village; 238-5325.
Two ‘Turkey Trots’
• “Grand Strand Turkey Trot,” benefiting Arthritis Foundation and YMCA, 1 mile at 8:30 a.m., 8K and 5K each 9 a.m., and Tot Trot 10:15 a.m., all in Myrtle Beach’s Grand Park, on Farrow Parkway, across from The Market Common. Registration opens 6:30 a.m.: 8K for $35, 5K $33, 1 mile $30, and Tot Trot $5. Details at mbturkeytrotrun.racesonline.com.
• Town of Surfside Beach “Turkey Trot,” 8 a.m. in Surfside Pier parking lot, 11 N. Ocean Blvd. 650-9548 orwww.surfsidebeach.org
Bucksport parade at 11 a.m.
For the Bucksport community’s 35th annual Thanksgiving Day Parade, everyone is welcome to take part or watch. Details at 397-2606, 397-3342, 397-2530 or 397-2173.
Bluegrass fest opens
The 43rd annual S.C. State Bluegrass Festival opens for three days through Saturday at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North. Details at 706-864-7203 or www.adamsandandersonbluegrass.com/South-Carolina-State-Bluegrass-Festival.html.
Shows go on for holiday
Several house shows serve up shows on Thanksgiving, each with various prices:
• “Christmas at Pirates Voyage Fun, Feast & Adventure,” 6 and 8:30 p.m. on U.S. 17 Bypass, near northern junction of U.S. 17 Business in Myrtle Beach. 497-9700, 800-433-4401 or
• Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament , 6 p.m. in Fantasy Harbour, 2904 Fantasy Way, close to U.S. 501 and George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach and the Intracoastal Waterway. 236-4635, 800-436-4386 orwww.medievaltimes.com/myrtlebeach.aspx
• “The South’s Grandest Christmas Show,” 7:30 p.m. at Alabama Theatre, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. 272-1111, 800-342-2262 orwww.alabama-theatre.com
• “Legends in Concert,” with tribute artists to Elvis Presley, Celine Dion, Alan Jackson, Johnny Mathis and the Blues Brothers, 8 p.m. at 2925 Hollywood Drive, Myrtle Beach, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 29th Avenue North, next to Planet Hollywood, across from Broadway at the Beach. 238-7827, 800-960-7469 orwww.legendsinconcert.com
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach