Myriad special events
Many special events are on tap, including some in yuletide spirit, and many for free, unless otherwise noted:• St. Nicholas Winter Festival, benefiting six local charities, arts fair 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and cook-off by S.C. BBQ Association, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. ($10 wristband for samples). 504-5362 or www.stnicholaswinterfest.com.
• Free-throw contest for ages 10-14, by Our Lady of the Rosary Council 9039 Knights of Columbus, 9 a.m. at Shallotte Middle School, 225 Village Road. Winners advance to district levels. Bring proof of age. 910-287-1785 or 910-754-5705.
• “Arts By The Shore,” Oak Island Parks & Recreation, and Oak Island Art Guild, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (with reception and awards 2-4 p.m. Sunday) at Oak Island Recreation Center, 3003 E. Oak Island Drive, Oak Island, N.C. 910-278-5518 or www.oakislandnc.com.
• Santa’s arrival, 10 a.m. at Inlet Square, at U.S. 17 Business and U.S. 17 Bypass in Murrells Inlet. 651-6990 or www.inletsquaremall.com.
• Murrells Inlet 2020 Oyster Roast Fundraiser, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at Spud’s Waterfront Dining, 4123 U.S. 17 Business. All-you-can-eat oyster roast tickets $30 advance or $35 at gate. 357-2007 or www.murrellsinletsc.com.
• Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at Maggi D’s Restaurant, 407 Seaboard St., Myrtle Beach, across from Coastal Grand mall. 215-3849 or 742-9802.
• Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, noon-3 p.m. Nov. 17 at Rosa Linda’s Cafe, 3415 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 503-8245.
• “WineStock,” noon-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, with entertainment by The Lanny Prewitt Band, and Tammy’s Tangent. $8 ages 18-79, otherwise free; also, bring two canned/dry food items for relay to area food banks for $3 discount. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
• Indoor Yard Sale, benefiting Zonta Foundation of Myrtle Beach, 1-8 p.m. Nov. 17 (rescheduled from Oct. 27) at The X Sports Center, 568 George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach, between U.S. 501 and U.S. 17 Bypass. 446-1175.
• Coastal Grand Symphony Fall Concert, 3 p.m. at Andy Owings School of Music & Performing Arts Center, in Coastal Grand mall in Myrtle Beach. 839-1505 or www.andyowingsmusic.com.
• Tree lighting at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, at 6 p.m. with fireworks at 8 p.m. 444-3200, 800-386-4662 or www.broadwayatthebeach.com.
• Art auction and show, benefiting The Focus Foundation, helping needy children in Horry County with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, 6:30 p.m. at 304 34th Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach. $25. 280-7533.
• Grand Strand Beach Ballroom Dancers, celebrating group’s 17th anniversary, 7-10 p.m. with music by Harlequin at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. $7. 903-3765.
• “Horry County Dancing with the Stars,” benefiting Horry County K-12 Foundation and Business/Education Expectations (BE2) Partnership/ Early College High School, 8 p.m. at Grande Dunes Marina Inn in Myrtle Beach (and telethon on WWMB-TV 21). Vote for favorite dancer for $10 at www.horrydancing.com; $125. 449-9675 or 457-8774.
• C4W Pro Wrestling, 8-10 p.m. at The X Sports Center, 568 George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach, between U.S. 501 and U.S. 17 Bypass. $8 general admission, $10 ringside or $15 VIP. 241-1216.
Two bluegrass concerts
Bluegrass lovers have two concerts to enjoy:• “BBQ and Bluegrass at Baruch” – 3:30 p.m.-dusk, with Sawgrass, at Hobcaw Barony’s Pond Pavilion, on U.S. 17, just north of Georgetown, benefiting Georgetown County Library’s plans to build The Library Center-Waccamaw in Pawleys Island. $50 ages 17 or older, otherwise $15. 979-0561.
• Rivertown Bluegrass Society, 5 p.m., at Horry-Georgetown Technical College Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway, with The Dixie Bluegrass Boys at 5 and 7 p.m., and the Carolina Rebels at 6 and 8 p.m. Also, preshow jams begin at 3 p.m. for any acoustic player. $10 members, otherwise $12. 457-2854 or www.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach