Special events aplenty
Choose from several special events, some for Veterans Day, and for free, unless noted otherwise:
• “Crafting by the Sea” fair, 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Sunday at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church, at U.S. 17 and Eighth Avenue North in North Myrtle Beach. 272-7288 or 249-2356.
Never miss a local story.
• Veterans Day free admission, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at N.C. Aquarium at Fort Fisher, N.C., on U.S. 421, just south of Kure Beach. 910-458-7468 orwww.ncaquariums.com/fort-fisher
• Veterans Day Service, 10:30 a.m. at North Myrtle Beach Memorial Gardens, at junction of S.C. 9, S.C. 90, U.S. 17 and Nixon Crossroads. 249-2932.
• Veterans Day Celebration, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., including cruise-in 2-5 p.m., at Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10420, U.S. 17 Bypass, Murrells Inlet. 651-6900.
• Dickens Christmas Show & Festivals, noon-6 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Convention Center at Oak Street and 21st Avenue North; $8.50 ages 13 and older, $4 ages 2-12. plus $3 parking. 448-9483, 800-261-5991, orwww.dickenschristmasshow.com
• “Art in the Park,” 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, at The Market Common on Farrow Parkway. 448-7690 orwww.artsyparksy.com
• Veterans Day Service, 2 p.m in Surfside Beach’s Veterans Memorial park, at Surfside and Willow drives, in front of Horry County Memorial Library Surfside Beach branch. 650-9548 orwww.surfsidebeach.org
• Cruise-in by Myrtle Beach Car Club, 2-6 p.m. at Denny’s 124 Loyola Drive, near Firestone, along U.S. 17 Bypass, south of S.C. 544, between Socastee and Surfside Beach, next to Firestone. 215-3849 or 742-9802.
• Veterans Day Celebration, 4 p.m. at Aynor United Methodist Church, 1007 Elm St. 358-6537.
• “2012 River Celebration,” for Winyah Rivers Foundation’s Winyah Riverkeeper Program, 5-9 p.m. at The Riverside Club, 1793 Riverside Drive, Conway, off S.C. 90; advance only: $35, and $20 students with ID. 349-4007 orwww.winyahrivers.org
Tour lighthouse isle
The Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge will have a tour to Lighthouse Island. After a presentation 11-11:45 a.m. at the Sewee Visitor and Environmental Education Center, on U.S. 17 in Awendaw, about 35 miles south of Georgetown, guests will drive about 10 miles north to McClellanville and board a ferry at 12:30 p.m. for the one-hour crossing to the island. The return ride leaves at 2:30 p.m. Call 928-3368 or visit www.fws.gov/caperomain.
Details | 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m., for $45 by credit card in advance, or by cash, charge, or check payable to Coastal Expeditions at the boat dock.
‘Sunday Comedy Club’
Every “Sunday Comedy Club” encompasses a night of comedy including Steve Marriott, Dobby Dean and T-Jay Turner, and new performers are welcome. Details at 467-9399.
Details | 9 p.m. at Rising Starz Karaoke Club, 3140 U.S. 17 Business, just south of Krystal; no cover charge.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach