Things to do in the Myrtle Beach area on Oct. 6
10/05/2012 5:00 PM
10/05/2012 11:57 AM
Some local festivals/special events include:• Farm Heritage Day, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Indigo Farms Market, 1542 Hickman Road N.W., Calabash, N.C.; free admission. 399-6902, 910-287-6794 or www.indigofarmsmarket.com.
Myrtle Beach Coin Show, benefiting Horry County Meals on Wheels, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (also 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday) at Springmaid Beach Resort, 3200 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach; free. 293-3000.• Myrtle Beach Doll & Bear Show, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort Conference Center, 304 12th Ave. S.; $6 ages 13 and older, otherwise free. 803-783-8049 or www.knightshows.com
• Surfside Beach Family Festival, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Surfside Drive; free. 650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org
• Live Oak Art & Music Fest, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. outside Old Horry County Court House, at Third Avenue and Elm Street in Conway; free. 248-4527 or conwayartdistrict.blogspot.com
• Conway Fall Festival, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Third Avenue and Laurel Street ; free. 248-1740 or www.conwayparksandrecreation.com/fallfestival.html.
• “Art in the Park,” 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (also Sunday in Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Park, at Ocean Boulevard and 16th Avenue North; free. 448-7690 or www.artsyparksy.com.
• “Oktoberfest 2012,” noon-11 p.m. on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, between Eighth Avenue North and Mr. Joe White Avenue; free. Also, bratwurst-eating contest at 6 p.m. 421-9848, 997-6695 or www.myrtlebeachoktoberfest.com
• “Marching to the Coast” band festival, 3 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach High School, 3750 Sea Mountain Road; $5.399-8561 or www.facebook.com/NorthMyrtleBeachHighMarchingChiefs.
Book sale in Conway
A used-book sale also will include CDs, DVDs and audiobooks. Details at 915-7323, www.hcml.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details | 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Horry County Memorial Library Conway branch, 801 Main St.
Cars on display
Three car shows/cruise-ins are revved up:
Grand Strand Mustang Stampede and All Ford Show, benefiting Associated Charities of Myrtle Beach, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. near Hard Rock Cafe at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach; car entry $25, display $15, spectators free. 685-4002.• Austin-Healey Sports Car Show, 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at The Market Common on Howard Parkway in Myrtle Beach, with about 100 models, for free. 839-3500 or www.marketcommonevents.com.
• Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, 5-8 p.m. at Joey Doggs, 1818 U.S. 17 Business N., near Surfside Beach, and by Old Time Pottery; free. 503-8245.
Coffeehouse fetes artist
Fresh Brewed Coffee House welcomes its October Artist of the Month, Joe Winkler, who draws in graphite, charcoal and ink, with an opening reception. Details at 251-8282 or www.freshbrewedcoffeehouse.com.
Details | 4-7 p.m. at 933 Broadway St., Myrtle Beach, for $5 suggested donation.
C4W wrestling at X
See C4W Explosive Pro Wrestling. Details at 241-1216.
Details | 8 p.m. at The X Sports Complex, 568 George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach, between U.S. 501 and U.S. 17 Bypass; $8 general admission, $10 ringside or $15 VIP seating.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.