Some local festivals/special events include:
• Farm Heritage Day, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Indigo Farms Market, 1542 Hickman Road N.W., Calabash, N.C.; free admission. 399-6902, 910-287-6794 orwww.indigofarmsmarket.com
Never miss a local story.
Myrtle Beach Coin Show, benefiting Horry County Meals on Wheels, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (also 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday) at Springmaid Beach Resort, 3200 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach; free. 293-3000.
• Myrtle Beach Doll & Bear Show, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort Conference Center, 304 12th Ave. S.; $6 ages 13 and older, otherwise free. 803-783-8049 or www.knightshows.com
• Surfside Beach Family Festival, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Surfside Drive; free. 650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org
• Live Oak Art & Music Fest, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. outside Old Horry County Court House, at Third Avenue and Elm Street in Conway; free. 248-4527 or conwayartdistrict.blogspot.com
• Conway Fall Festival, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Third Avenue and Laurel Street ; free. 248-1740 or www.conwayparksandrecreation.com/fallfestival.html.
• “Art in the Park,” 10 a.m.-4 p.m. (also Sunday in Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Park, at Ocean Boulevard and 16th Avenue North; free. 448-7690 or www.artsyparksy.com.
• “Oktoberfest 2012,” noon-11 p.m. on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, between Eighth Avenue North and Mr. Joe White Avenue; free. Also, bratwurst-eating contest at 6 p.m. 421-9848, 997-6695 or www.myrtlebeachoktoberfest.com
• “Marching to the Coast” band festival, 3 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach High School, 3750 Sea Mountain Road; $5.399-8561 orwww.facebook.com/NorthMyrtleBeachHighMarchingChiefs
• Steve Tyrell concert at Pawleys Island Festival Of Music & Art, 7 p.m. at Reserve Golf Club of Pawleys Island, for $25, $35 or VIP $250. 626-8911 or pawleysmusic.com
Book sale in Conway
A used-book sale also will include CDs, DVDs and audiobooks. Details at 915-7323, www.hcml.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details | 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Horry County Memorial Library Conway branch, 801 Main St.
Cars on display
Three car shows/cruise-ins are revved up:
Grand Strand Mustang Stampede and All Ford Show, benefiting Associated Charities of Myrtle Beach, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. near Hard Rock Cafe at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach; car entry $25, display $15, spectators free. 685-4002.
• Austin-Healey Sports Car Show, 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at The Market Common on Howard Parkway in Myrtle Beach, with about 100 models, for free. 839-3500 or www.marketcommonevents.com.
• Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, 5-8 p.m. at Joey Doggs, 1818 U.S. 17 Business N., near Surfside Beach, and by Old Time Pottery; free. 503-8245.
Coffeehouse fetes artist
Fresh Brewed Coffee House welcomes its October Artist of the Month, Joe Winkler, who draws in graphite, charcoal and ink, with an opening reception. Details at 251-8282 or www.freshbrewedcoffeehouse.com.
Details | 4-7 p.m. at 933 Broadway St., Myrtle Beach, for $5 suggested donation.
C4W wrestling at X
See C4W Explosive Pro Wrestling. Details at 241-1216.
Details | 8 p.m. at The X Sports Complex, 568 George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach, between U.S. 501 and U.S. 17 Bypass; $8 general admission, $10 ringside or $15 VIP seating.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach