Various area festivals
Choose from various festivals and events:
• Careteam AIDS Walk and Health Fair, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Ocean Boulevard and 11th Avenue North; free, but donations welcome. 236-9000 orwww.careteamsc.org
• Irish Italian International Festival, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach; free admission. 280-5570 or parks.nmb.us/pages.aspx?id=78.
• Atalaya Arts & Crafts Festival, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday at Huntington Beach State Park, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Brookgreen Gardens; festival $6 daily or $10 multiday pass, and park admission free on this weekend only. 237-4440 orwww.atalayafestival.com
• The Market Common’s Oktoberfest, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway; free admission. 839-3500 or www.marketcommonevents.com, and 712-6218 or
• St. John’s Greek Festival, 11 a.m.-10 p.m. at St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 33rd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, for $1 ages 13 and older, otherwise free.
• “Fin Fest 2012” marching band competition, 3:30 p.m. at St. James High School football stadium, off S.C. 707, in the Burgess community, for $5. 448-7999 or prideofstjamesbands.webs.com.
Skyhoundz to fly
See a Skyhoundz Local Championship, where dogs will compete in catching flying discs. Details at 650-9548, www.surfsidebeach.org or skyhoundz.com.
Free dance lessons
USA Dance Grand Strand Chapter 6024 will have ballroom dance demonstrations – salsa at 12:15 p.m., waltz 12:30 and 2:45. cha-cha 12:45, swing 1, rumba 1:15 and 2:30, and fox trot 2:15 – and free dance lessons, for Salute to National Ballroom Dance Week. Details at www.usadancegrandstrand.org, and from the mall: 272-4040 or www.mymallmyrtlebeach.com.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows visit MyrtleBeach