Several groups began to announce closings on Tuesday afternoon as National Weather service predictions forecast that Hurricane Matthew would skim the Carolina coast on Friday night into Saturday. The list continues to grow as Gov. Nikki Haley declared a State of Emergency Tuesday afternoon and ordered the evacuation of coastal communities at 3 p.m. Wednesday.
- The Pawleys Island Festival of Music and Art canceled its weekend events.
- Myrtle Beach’s Connecting Cops, Kids and Community Picnic on Oct. 8 has been canceled.
- The Surfrider Grand Strand chapter has rescheduled the 17th Annual Chilympics Chili Cookoff and Music Festival to Sunday, Oct. 16, 2016, at Morse Park, The Hot Fish Club and King Street Grille on the south end of Murrells Inlet. The event begins at 11 a.m. and ends at 6 p.m.
- The Buck Wild Rodeo at Thompson Farm in Conway will be held Oct. 28 and 29.
- All events scheduled by the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce for this weekend have been canceled.
- Historical Society Meeting in Surfside Beach set for Oct. 5. The next regular meeting is Nov. 2.
- Fire Department Open House in Surfside Beach set for Oct. 8. The event will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Myrtle Beach Eastern Star Yard/Rummage sale scheduled for Oct. 8.
- Alzheimer's Association's Walk to End Alzheimer's in Myrtle Beach has been postponed until Nov. 5, 2016.
- The Georgetown Bridge2Bridge run has been moved from this weekend to Oct. 29.
- Myrtle Beach International Airport full-scale public safety exercise set for Saturday, Oct. 8, has been cancelled. A new date has not yet been set. The airport will remain open, and passengers are encouraged to check their flights’ status.
- West Side Democrats' BBQ fundraiser will be postponed until Nov. 5, 2016.
- Horry Georgetown Technical College: Closed starting Wednesday through Friday
- Coastal Carolina University: Closed starting Tuesday night through Friday
- Horry County Schools: Closed starting Wednesday through Friday
- Georgetown County School District: Closed starting Wednesday through Friday
- Conway Christian School in Conway will be closed Wednesday, Oct. 5, Thursday, Oct. 6, and Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
- Emmanuel Christian in Hartsville will be closed Wednesday, Oct. 5, Thursday, Oct. 6, and Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
- Pee Dee Academy will be closed Wednesday, Oct. 5, Thursday, Oct. 6, and Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
- Pittsburg Institute of Aeronautics in Myrtle Beach will be closed the rest of the week.
- Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate School in Darlington will be closed Thursday, Oct. 6, Friday, Oct. 7, and Saturday Oct. 8, 2016 due to weather.
- ATM Daycare off of Highway 90 in the Longs community will be closed Wednesday, Oct. 5, Thursday, Oct. 6, and Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
- Ebenezer Christian Child Care Center in Hemingway will be closed Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
- Presbyterian Community Child Care Center in Lake City will be closed through Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
- Municipal Court in Surfside Beach set for Oct. 5, including all Court activities scheduled for Wednesday.
- First Baptist Church of Myrtle Beach will be closing Oct. 5 at 12:00 p.m. including evening activities.
- Coastal Carolina National Bank locations will be closing Oct. 5 at 12:00 p.m. They will reopen Oct. 11 at 8:30 a.m.
- All Horry County Government’s offices along with all circuit, family, and magistrate courts.
- Shoreline Behavioral Health Services in Conway will be closed Wednesday, Oct. 5, Thursday, Oct. 6, and Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.
- All coastal, including Conway BB&T branches will be closed Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
Coastal Grand Mall will be closed Thursday, October 6 and will remain closed until further notice.
Brookgreen Gardens will be closed from Wednesday, Oct. 5 through Saturday, Oct. 8, 2016. The gardens are scheduled to reopen Sunday, Oct. 9. Employees are asked to contact their supervisors regarding their schedules.
Champions In Motion Cheerleading, which usually meets in Myrtle Beach Sports Center, will not practice Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2016.
House of Blues will be closing The Deck from Wednesday, Oct. 5 through Saturday, Oct. 8, 2016.
The Ripken Experience Myrtle Beach will not be hosting its Columbus Day tournament this weekend (October 8-9).
This is a breaking story. Check back for further updates. Our Grand Strand news alliance partner, WPDE contributed to this report.