Little River ShrimpFest planned for Saturday
The Little River Chamber of Commerce’s 12th annual Little River “ShrimpFest” will be from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday at 4460 Mineola Ave., on Little River’s waterfront.
The cost is $4 in advance daily for ages 13 and older, and $5 at the gate. It is free for children 12 and younger. For more information, call 843-249-6604 or log on to littlerivershrimpfest.org.
Chilympics for Surfrider next Sunday
“Lip-Rippin’ Chilympics Chili Cook-Off” for Surfrider Foundation Grand Strand Chapter, noon Sunday at Hot Fish Club, King Street Grille, and Morse Park Landing, all on U.S. 17 Business, on south end of Murrells Inlet. Free admission; buy chili samples. 843-333-2034 or surfridergrandstrand.org.
Myrtle Beach Night Out Tuesday
Myrtle Beach National Night Out at various neighborhood watch locations on Tuesday:
▪ Sandygate Village Neighborhood – 3-4 p.m., 1011 Osceola Street (behind main office)
▪ Emmens Preserve Neighborhood – 5-6:30 p.m., Emmens Park
▪ Target – 5-7 p.m., Target on Seaboard Street (parking lot)
▪ Booker T. Washington Neighborhood – 5-7 p.m., Historic Myrtle Beach Colored School, 900 Dunbar Street
▪ Monticello Neighborhood – 5-7 p.m., 1300 Oceola Street
▪ Seagate Village Neighborhood – 5:30-7 p.m., corner of Spruce Drive and Swallow Avenue
▪ Pine Lakes Neighborhood – 5:30-7:30 p.m., Longoria residence, 5627 Woodside Avenue
▪ South Beach Neighborhood – 5-6:30 p.m., entrance to Virginia Marshall Park
▪ Palmetto Greens Neighborhood – 6-8 p.m., Palmetto Greens pool house
▪ The Dunes Neighborhood – 6-8 p.m., intersection of Club Drive and Wildwood Dunes Trail
▪ Forest Dunes Neighborhood – 6-8 p.m., intersection of Club Drive and Wildwood Dunes Trail
For more information, call Crime Prevention Officer Henry Bresadola at 843-918-1806.