Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Tidelands Health, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.tidelandshealth.org
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS
Handle with Care - Baby Care class | 6-8 p.m. Monday, Tidelands Health Conference Center. Free. 843-520-8490.
Never miss a local story.
Medicare 101 class | 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Surfside Library, 410 Surfside Drive, Surfside Beach. Free. 843-436-6123 or email@example.com.
▪ Mended Hearts | noon, fourth Tuesday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 843-685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ Waccamaw Regional Family Caregiver | 1-2 p.m. last Wednesday, Belin United Methodist Church Family Life Center, 4183 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 843-436-6144
▪ Stroke | 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital. 843-652-1395
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 843-839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
2 - 7 p.m. Monday, First Baptist Church, 6 N. Rosemary St., Andrews
8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Carolina Forest Elementary School, 285 Carolina Forest Blvd., Myrtle Beach
10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Willbrook Service Center, 160 Willbrook Blvd., Pawleys Island
2 - 7 p.m. May 2, Forestbrook Baptist Church, 2051 Forestbrook Road, Myrtle Beach
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 5, Socastee High School, 4900 Socastee Blvd., Myrtle Beach
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 6, Georgetown High School, 2250 Anthuan Maybank Drive, Georgetown
8 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 7, Shepherd of the Sea Lutheran Church, 2637 U.S. 17 S., Garden City Beach
11 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 10, McLeod Seacoast Medical Center, 4000 S.C. 9 E., Little River
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, Conway Medical Center. 843-347-8108
▪ Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 843-450-5620
▪ Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 6 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Saturday, Serenity Hall, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 843-465-7416 or email@example.com
Diabetes | 6 p.m. Monday, CMC nursing classroom. 843-347-8013
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. Offers low cost cholesterol and A1C screenings daily. 843-692-4444
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 843-692-4444
Art Therapy class for adults| 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders. Free. 843-692-4444
Health screening | 7:30 - 10:30 a.m. May 6, Forestbrook Baptist Church, 2051 Forestbrook Road, Myrtle Beach. Chemistry profile, $20; complete blood count with differential, $20; thyroid screen, $15; diabetes (hemoglobin A1C), $15; PSA for men, $15. Chemistry profile tests require a 10-to-12-hour fast. Variety of other screenings available at no cost. 843-520-8447 or www.tidelandshealth.org
▪ Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 843-448-3180 or 843-448-7273
▪ National Safe Haven Alliance | Operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229
▪ Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 843-488-9971
▪ Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narconon works.com
▪ Adult Survivors’ | 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays, 1551 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 843-448-3180
▪ Recovering couples anonymous | 7-8:30 p.m. Sundays, 48th Avenue North, Myrtle Beach. Call for directions, 843-602-4380 or 843-602-3171
▪ Transplant | 1:30-3:30 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. www.mcleodhealth.org
Sports Injury screenings | 9-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Tidelands Health Conference Center. $20 per couple/$10 individual. 843-520-8490 to register
▪ Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting
▪ Parenting of Teens | 6-8 p.m. second and fourth Tuesday, the Brunswick County Courthouse, 310 Government Center Drive NE #1, Bolivia, N.C. Free. 910-253-4087 or email@example.com to pre-register.
▪ Diabetes | 1:30 p.m. Thursday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 843-652-1281 or 843-652-1638
▪ Ostomy | 2-4 p.m. first Sunday of the month, cafeteria, McLeod Seacoast Hospital, 4000 S.C. 9 E., Little River. 518-821-7675 or 843-430-1474.
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.