Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Tidelands Health, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.tidelandshealth.org.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 843-520-8490 to register.
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. Aug. 27, Wachesaw Conference Center. $20 per couple or $10 for individual. 520-8490 to register.
Sibling Preparation class | 6-7:30 p.m. Aug. 31, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
▪ Mended Hearts | noon, fourth Tuesday of each month, first-floor conference room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
▪ Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 843-655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
▪ Amputee | 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, Waccamaw Community Hospital, fourth-floor dining room. 843-652-1395.
▪ Better Breathers club | 1-2:30 p.m. Friday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 843-652-1624
▪ Diabetes | 1:30 p.m. Aug. 27, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 843-652-1281 or 843-652-1638
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 843-839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
▪ 1-6 p.m. Monday, Grand Strand Community Church, 3820 Holmestown Road, Myrtle Beach.
▪ 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Kingston Plantation, 9800 Queensway Blvd., Myrtle Beach
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Kingston Plantation, 9800 Queensway Blvd., Myrtle Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Horry County Complex, 1301 Second Ave., Conway
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway
▪ 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Bethany Bible Chapel, 1668 Four Mile Road, Conway
▪ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 24, South Strand Complex, 9630 Scipio Lane, Myrtle Beach
▪ 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 25, Santee Cooper, 305A Gardner Lacy Road, Myrtle Beach
▪ 1-7 p.m. Aug. 25, Langston Baptist Church, 763 S.C. 905, Conway
▪ 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Aug. 26, Horry Georgetown Technical College, 2050 U.S. 501 E., Conway
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 27, Coastal Science Center, 301 Allied Drive, Conway
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 27, E. Craig Wall Building, U.S. 501 W., Conway
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 28, Wal-Mart, 550 U.S. 17 N., North Myrtle Beach
▪ 1:30-6:30 p.m. Aug. 29, Myrtle Beach Pelicans, 1251 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach
▪ 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 31, HealthPoint Center for Health and Fitness. 843-237-2205
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
▪ Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 843-248-5083.
▪ Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 6 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Saturday, Serenity Hall, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 843-465-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $10 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 843-692-4444.
Heart health profiles | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444.
Diabetes individual consults | one-on-one consults with certified diabetes educator. $25 for 30 minute session; $50 for 1 hour session. 843-692-4444 to register.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 843-839-6000
Yoga classes | Various days and times. HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 843-692-4444
Mercy Care offers grief program | 4-6 p.m. Tuesdays through Sept. 8, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court in Myrtle Beach. Free. 843-234-6271; www.mercyhospice.org.
Workshop: Diabetes for any senior, 55 or older | 10 a.m. to noon Fridays through Sept. 11, Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 843-626-3991 or 800-922-3089, ext.7585, to register or sign up at the first class.
Safe Sitter Babysitting classes for 11 – 14 year olds | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. $35 includes a book bag and materials. 843-692-4444 to register.
Family and Friends CPR class | 3-5 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders. $15 includes book. 843-692-4444.
Sibling Preparation class for children ages 3-10 | 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 843-692-4444.
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid class | 1-4 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $15 per person. 843-692-4444.
Self-Defense class | 6-8 p.m. Aug. 24, HealthFinders. Free. 843-692-4444.
Pre-Diabetes class | 4:30-5:30 p.m. Aug. 25, HealthFinders. $10. 843-692-4444 to register.
Art Therapy class | 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 26, HealthFinders. Adults only. 843-692-4444.
What Happens After I Leave the Hospital? | 6-7 p.m. Aug. 27, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444.
Diabetes Education classes | 1-4 p.m. second and third Thursday, HealthFinders. $40 for the two day class. 843-692-4444 to register.
▪ Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. 843-685-3378 or email@example.com.
▪ Survivors of Suicide Loss | 6-8 p.m. third Monday of each month, Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 336-707-0022 or Lwhite42@sc.rr.com or 1-800-SUICIDE Crisis Line, AFSP.org .
▪ Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of each month. 997-1671 for location.
▪ Grief | 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday of each month, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 843-448-4496 to make reservation.
▪ ARC | 5:30 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ Grief | 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ Thyroid Cancer | 6 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ Diabetes | 3 p.m. Aug. 25, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
▪ Transplant | 2 p.m. Aug. 31, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 843-716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 843-716-7111.
▪ Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday of each month, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting.
▪ Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 843-399-7029.
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.