Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Tidelands Health, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.tidelandshealth.org.
▪ Mended Hearts | noon, fourth Tuesday of each month, first-floor conference room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
Never miss a local story.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
▪ 1-6 p.m. Monday, Trinity Church, 3000 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach
▪ 2-7 p.m. Monday, Georgetown First Assembly of God, 331 Saint James St., Georgetown
▪ 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, HealthPoint Center for Health and Fitness, 12965 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 237-2205
▪ 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Willbrook Service Center, 160 Willbrook Blvd., Pawleys Island
▪ 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Beck Recreation Center, 2030 Church St., Georgetown
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Grand Strand YMCA, 5000 Claire Chapin Epps Drive, Myrtle Beach
▪ 1:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, South Strand Assembly of God, 3507 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, First Baptist Church, 204 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach
▪ Noon-5 p.m. Aug. 3, Ocean Drive Presbyterian Church, 410 Sixth Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach
▪ 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 4, Belin United Methodist Church, 4183 U.S. 17, Business Murrells Inlet
▪ 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 4, STARTEK, 310 Hinson Drive, Myrtle Beach
▪ 7 a.m. to noon Aug. 5, Horry Telephone Cooperative, 3480 U.S. 701 N., Conway
▪ 1-6 p.m. Aug. 5, St. Mary Our Lady of Ransom Catholic Church, 317 Broad St., Georgetown
▪ 1-6 p.m. Aug. 6, Surfside United Methodist Church, 800 13th Ave. N., Surfside Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 7, Georgetown Memorial Hospital, 606 Black River Road, Georgetown
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Mobile health services | 7:30-9:30 a.m. Free screenings for blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel to include: total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. Fasting required for all screenings. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
▪ Tuesday, Rick’s Bait and Tackle, 1609 Fourth Ave., Conway
▪ Wednesday, Sugar Bears, 5282 S.C. 9, Green Sea
▪ Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083
▪ Diabetes | 6 p.m. Monday, CMC Nursing Classroom. 347-8013
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Seminar: Have Diabetes? Keep Your Feet Healthy | 6-7 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444
Safe Sitter Babysitting classes for ages 11-14 | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders. $35 and includes a book bag and materials. 692-4444
Prepared Childbirth course | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Medical Center. $50. 692-4444
Foot screenings | 6-7:30 p.m. Aug. 3, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444 for appointment.
AARP Smart Driver course | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 3, HealthFinders. $15 for AARP members; $20 for non-members.692-4444 to register.
Mercy Care offers grief program | 4-6 p.m. Tuesdays, Aug. 4-Sept. 8, Lower Cape Fear Hospice Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court in Myrtle Beach. Free. 234-6271; www.mercyhospice.org
▪ Transplant | 2 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders, 692-4444
▪ Diabetes | 3 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders, 692-4444
▪ Spinal Cord Injury | 6 p.m. Aug. 5, HealthFinders. 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111.
▪ Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday of each month, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting.
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.