Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Never miss a local story.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Monday, Waccamaw Community Hospital and Aug. 4, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Heartsaver BLS-CPR | 6-10 p.m. Aug. 6, Wachesaw Conference Center. $30. 520-8490 to register.
Community Health BLS-CPR | 8 a.m. to noon Aug. 7, Wachesaw Conference Center. $50. 520-8490 to register.
Seminar: Obesity Surgery | 5 p.m. Aug. 7, Winyah Surgical Specialists, 14490 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 545-8850 to register.
• Mended Hearts | noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or rmkeilen@mercy hospice.org.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306.
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island, or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
| 6-7 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. 237-8787.
| 6:30 p.m. Aug. 7, Winyah Surgical Specialists, 14490 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 545-8850 to register.
| 4:30-5:30 p.m. Aug. 11, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8062.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday,HealthPoint, 12965 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island.
• 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday, Beck Recreation Center, 2030 Church St., Georgetown.
• noon-5 p.m. Wednesday, Horry County Public Works, 4401 Privetts Road, Conway.
• 2-7 p.m. Thursday, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 65 Crooked Oak Drive, Pawleys Island.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 527-7173.
• noon to 5 p.m. Aug. 4, Ocean Drive Presbyterian Church, 410 Sixth Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach.
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 5, Belin United Methodist Church, 4183 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet.
• 7 a.m. to noon Aug. 6, Horry Telephone Cooperative, 3480 U.S. 701 N., Conway.
• 3-8 p.m. Aug. 6, ITT Technical Institute, 9654 N. Kings Highway, Suite 101, Myrtle Beach. 497-7828.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 8, North Myrtle Beach Aquatics and Fitness Center, 1100 Second Ave. S.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
Mobile Health services | 7:30-9:30 a.m. Free screenings include blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel; total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
• Monday, Nye’s Pharmacy, 1600 10th Ave., Conway
• Tuesday, Sugar Bears, 5282 S.C. 9, Green Sea
• Thursday, Sawkastee Bait and Tackle, 4211 Peachtree Road, Myrtle Beach
Zooomer boot camp | August 4-29, 11 a.m. to noon Mondays and Fridays, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 for members and $120 for community. For ages 40 and older. 347-1515.
Swim lessons | Weekday sessions Aug. 4-21, times and days vary. CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515.
Child car seat safety inspections | noon to 2 p.m. Aug. 12, Miller Motte, U.S. 501, Conway. Child and safety seat must be present for this event.
Breastfeeding class | 7-9 p.m. Aug. 12, private dining room #2, Conway Medical Center. Free. 347-8108.
AARP Smart Driver course | 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Aug. 19, Conway Medical Center. For ages 50 and older. 347-8108.
Seminar: Joint Replacement | noon Aug. 20, auditorium, Conway Medical Center. Lunch will be served. 347-8108.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083.
• Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Shoreline Behavior, 2404 Wise Road and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Serenity Hall. 465-7416 or db0385@ sccoast.net.
| 6 p.m. Monday, and Aug. 25, nursing education classroom, Conway Medical Center. 347-8013.
| 5:30 p.m. Aug. 12, auditorium, CMC Administrative Services Building. Dinner will be served. 234-7309.
•A.W.A.K.E. Sleep Disorders
| 5:30 p.m. Aug. 19, private dining room #2, Conway Medical Center. 234-5166.
| 6:30 p.m. Aug. 19, auditorium, Conway Medical Center . 234-6686.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart Health Profiles | 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m.-noon every Tuesday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. every Friday, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000.
Safe Sitter Babysitting class for ages 11-13 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday, YMCA. and Aug. 6, HealthFinders. $35 includes materials and book bag. 692-4444 to register.
Seminar: Straight Talk about Men’s Health | 6-7 p.m. Aug. 5, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
AARP Smart Driver course | 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Aug. 11, HealthFinders. $20 ($15 for AARP members). For ages 50 and older. 692-4444 to register.
Advanced Healthcare Directives workshop | 6-7 p.m. Aug. 13, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
DivorceCare for Adults | 6:30-8:30 p.m. Sept. 2-Nov. 25, conference room, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to register.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• National Safe Haven Alliance | operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229.
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narcononworks.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. every Sunday, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, Unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or rmkeilen@mercy hospice.org.
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of each month. 997-1671 for location.
| 1-3 p.m. second Saturday of each month, AA Health and Wellness Club, 4620 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. Free. Open to patients and their caregivers. 504-8063
•La Leche Breastfeeding
| 10:30 a.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday of each month, meeting room C, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 448-4496 to make reservation.
| 2-4 p.m. Aug. 12, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.loris health.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
Zumba | 10 a.m. Monday
Just Step | 6 p.m. Monday and 5 p.m. Wednesday
Mall Walkers | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach mall food court. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
• Multiple Sclerosis | 6 p.m. second Tuesday of each month, Center for Health and Fitness. 390-8326.
• Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.
• Ostomy | 2 p.m. first Sunday of each month, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.
• Fibromyalgia/Arthritis | 11 a.m. first Wednesday of each month, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326.