Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. Mondays, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Never miss a local story.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Monday, Georgetown Memorial Hospital and July 28, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Wachesaw Conference Center. $20 per couple, $10 for individual. 520-8490 to register.
Handle with Care | 9-11 a.m. Saturday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital campus. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Breastfeeding class | noon to 2 p.m. Saturday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital campus. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Sibling Preparation class | 3-4:30 p.m. Saturday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital campus. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Better Choices, Better Health series | 1-3:30 p.m. Saturday and July 28, Aug. 4, 11, 18 and 25, Wachesaw Conference Center. 520-8490 to register.
• Mended Hearts | noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306.
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island, or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
| 10 a.m. Wednesday, Belin Memorial United Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711.
| 3 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1415.
| 1:30 p.m. Thursday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638.
| 6-7 p.m. July 28, Wachesaw Conference Center. 237-8787.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday, Lowe’s, 2301 U.S. 501 E., Conway.
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday, Horry County Complex, 1301 Second Ave., Conway.
• 2-7 p.m. Wednesday, Myrtle Beach Pelicans, 1251 21st Ave. N.
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, Lowe’s, 217 U.S. 17 N., North Myrtle Beach.
• 1-6 p.m. Thursday, Trinity United Methodist Church, 706 14th Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach.
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday, Lowes, 8672 U.S. 17 Bypass S., Surfside Beach.
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday, Coastal Carolinas Association of Realtors, 952 Shine Ave., Myrtle Beach.
• 8 a.m.-1 p.m. July 28, HealthPoint, 12965 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island.
• 8 a.m.-4 p.m. July 30, Beck Recreation Center, 2030 Church St., Georgetown.
• noon-5 p.m. July 30, Horry County Public Works, 4401 Privetts Road, Conway.
• 2-7 p.m. July 31, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 65 Crooked Oak Drive, Pawleys Island.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. Sundays, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
Safesitter class for ages 11-13 | 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $50 includes manual, backpack and T-shirt. 234-5019.
Childbirth class | 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108 to register.
Mobile Health services | 7:30-9:30 a.m. Free screenings include blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel; total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
• Wednesday, Vanessa’s Grocery, 5671 Highway 19, Conway
• Thursday, Dog Bluff Handy Mart, 1810 Jordanville Road, Galivants Ferry
• July 28, Nye’s Pharmacy, 1600 10th Ave., Conway
• July 29, Sugar Bears, 5282 S.C. 9, Green Sea
• July 31, Sawkastee Bait and Tackle, 4211 Peachtree Road, Myrtle Beach
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. Tuesdays, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083.
• Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Shoreline Behavior, 2404 Wise Road and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Serenity Hall. 465-7416 or email@example.com.
• Diabetes | 6 p.m. July 28, nursing education classroom, Conway Medical Center. 347-8013.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart Health Profiles | 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m.-noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000.
Safe Sitter Babysitting class for ages 11-13 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. July 24 and Aug. 6, HealthFinders and July 29, YMCA. $35 includes materials and book bag. 692-4444 to register.
Sibling Preparation class for children ages 3-10 | 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 692-4444.
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid | 1-4 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $15 per person. 692-4444 to register.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• National Safe Haven Alliance | operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229.
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narcononworks.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, Unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of every month. 997-1671 for location.
| 5:30 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 3 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 1-3 p.m. second Saturday of each month, AA Health and Wellness Club, 4620 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. Free. Open to patients and their caregivers. 504-8063
| 10:30 a.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
•La Leche Breastfeeding
| 10:30 a.m. July 28, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. Wednesdays, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
Zumba | 10 a.m. Monday
Just Step | 6 p.m. Monday and 5 p.m. Wednesday
Mall Walkers | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach mall food court. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
• Multiple Sclerosis | 6 p.m. second Tuesday of each month, Center for Health and Fitness. 390-8326.
• Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.
• Ostomy | 2 p.m. first Sunday of each month, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.
• Fibromyalgia/Arthritis | 11 a.m. first Wednesday of each month, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326.