Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit online at www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Never miss a local story.
Breastfeeding class | 6-8 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490.
Safe Sitter program for boys and girls 11-13 years old | 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday, Wachesaw Conference Center. $50. 520-8490 or register online.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. July 21, Georgetown Memorial Hospital and July 28, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. July 24, Wachesaw Conference Center. $20 per couple, $10 for individual. 520-8490 to register.
Handle with Care | 9-11 a.m. July 26, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital campus. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Breastfeeding class | noon to 2 p.m. July 26, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital campus. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Sibling Preparation class | 3-4:30 p.m. July 26, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital campus. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Better Choices, Better Health series | 1-3:30 p.m. July 26, 28, Aug. 4, 11, 18 and 25, Wachesaw Conference Center. 520-8490 to register.
• Mended Hearts | noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306.
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island, or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
| 4:30-5:30 p.m. Monday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8062.
| 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1415.
| 10 a.m. July 23, Belin Memorial United Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711.
| 3 p.m. July 23, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1415.
| 1:30 p.m. July 24, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638.
| 6-7 p.m. July 28, Wachesaw Conference Center. 237-8787.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 1-6 p.m. Monday, Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17, Little River. 399-6028.
• Noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, 1100 Eighth Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. 249-1841.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, The Sun News, 914 Frontage Road E., Myrtle Beach. 626-0250.
• 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, City of Myrtle Beach Public Works Building, 3210 10th Ave. extension
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Business and Medical Record Office Building, Georgetown Hospital System, 160 Willbrook Blvd., Litchfield Beach. 520-8490.
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, St. Michael’s Catholic Church, 572 Cypress Ave., Murrells Inlet.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 22, Lowe’s, 2301 U.S. 501 E., Conway.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. July 23, Horry County Complex, 1301 Second Ave., Conway.
• 2-7 p.m. July 23, Myrtle Beach Pelicans, 1251 21st Ave. N.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
Seminar: Joint Replacement | noon Thursday, CMC auditorium. Free. Lunch served. 347-8108.
Safesitter class for ages 11-13 | 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. July 22, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $50 includes manual, backpack and T-shirt. 234-5019.
Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 26, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108 to register.
Mobile Health services | 7:30-9:30 a.m. Free screenings include blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel; total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
• Tuesday, Atlantic Beach Town Hall, 717 Atlantic St.
• Wednesday, Bayboro Store, 3742 Green Sea Road S., Loris
• Thursday, Rick’s Bait and Tackle, 1609 Fourth Ave., Conway
• July 23, Vanessa’s Grocery, 5671 Highway 19, Conway,
• July 24, Dog Bluff Handy Mart, 1810 Jordanville Road, Galivants Ferry
• July 28, Nye’s Pharmacy, 1600 10th Ave., Conway
• July 29, Sugar Bears, 5282 S.C. 9, Green Sea
• July 31, Sawkastee Bait and Tackle, 4211 Peachtree Road, Myrtle Beach
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083.
• Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Shoreline Behavior, 2404 Wise Road and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Serenity Hall. 465-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
•A.W.A.K.E. Sleep Disorders |
Noon, Tuesday, CMC auditorium. Lunch served. 234-5166.
| 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, CMC auditorium. 234-6686.
• Diabetes | 6 p.m. July 28, nursing education classroom, Conway Medical Center. 347-8013.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart Health Profiles | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000.
Safe Sitter Babysitting class for ages 11-13 | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 24 and Aug. 6, HealthFinders and July 29, YMCA. $35 includes materials and book bag. 692-4444 to register.
Infant Care | 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444 to register.
Breastfeeding class | 1:30-3:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444 to register.
Sibling Preparation class for children ages 3-10 | 10-11:30 a.m. July 26, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 692-4444.
Infant/Child CPR and First Aid | 1-4 p.m. July 26, HealthFinders. $15 per person. 692-4444 to register.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• National Safe Haven Alliance | operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229.
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narcononworks.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, Unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of every month. 997-1671 for location.
| 1:30-2:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
•Grand Strand Breathers
| 2 p.m. Thursday, Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, Grand Strand Medical Center. 692-4444.
| 6:30 p.m. Thursday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 5:30 p.m. July 21, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 3 p.m. July 22, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 10:30 a.m. July 26, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
•La Leche Breastfeeding
| 10:30 a.m. July 28, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
Zumba | 10 a.m. Monday
Just Step | 6 p.m. Monday and 5 p.m. Wednesday
Mall Walkers | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach mall food court. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
• Multiple Sclerosis | 6 p.m. second Tuesday of each month, Center for Health and Fitness. 390-8326.
• Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.
• Ostomy | 2 p.m. first Sunday of each month, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.
• Fibromyalgia/Arthritis | 11 a.m. first Wednesday of each month, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326.