Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit online at www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Never miss a local story.
Safe Sitter program for boys and girls 11-13 years old | 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, June 25, 26, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital and July 17, 18, Wachesaw Conference Center. $50. 520-8490 or register online.
Sibling Preparation class | 6-7:30 p.m. Monday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Tuesday, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490.
Friends and Family CPR | 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Wachesaw Conference Center. $20 per couple, $10 for individual. 520-8490 to register.
• Mended Hearts | noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306.
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island, or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
| 6-7 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. 237-8787.
| 10 a.m. Wednesday, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711.
| 3 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875.
| 1:30 p.m. Thursday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 2-7 p.m. Monday, Socastee United Methodist Church, 5575 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. 651-3373.
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, 809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 692-1572.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Horry County Parks and Recreation , 120 Highway 57 S., Little River. 251-5750.
• 7 a.m. to noon Thursday, Horry County Solid Waste Authority, 1886 S.C. 90, Conway. 347-1651.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, Horry County Public Safety, 2560 Main St., Conway. 915-7055.
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday,Pirateland Family Camping Resort, 5401 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach. 477-8005.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8035.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Rehobeth United Methodist Church, 2804 Methodist Road, Galivants Ferry. 907-4266.
• 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 1, McLeod Seacoast Medical Center, 4000 S.C. 9 E., Little River. 390-8327.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
Wakeup call with Calvin | 5:15-6 a.m. Monday and Wednesday, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 members; $120 non-member. 347-1515.
Introductory massage special | all of June CMC Wellness and Fitness Center offers therapeutic massages for $39 for 45 minutes. 347-1515 to book an appointment.
Swim lessons | times, days and classes vary. CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515.
Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108.
Safesitter class for ages 11-13 | 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. July 22, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $50 includes manual, backpack and t-shirt. 234-5019.
Mobile Health services | Free screenings include blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel; total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Bobbie’s Beauty, 3419 Cates Bay Highway, Conway.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Crop Production Services, 3255 Valley Forge Road, Aynor.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. Thursday, Juniper Bay Baptist Church, 5265 Juniper Bay Road, Conway.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083.
• Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Shoreline Behavior, 2404 Wise Road and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Serenity Hall. 465-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
| 6 p.m. Monday, Conway Medical Center. 347-8013.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart Health Profiles | 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000.
Safe Sitter Babysitting class for ages 11-13 | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 30, July 24, Aug. 6, HealthFinders and July 29, YMCA. $35 includes materials and book bag. 692-4444 to register.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• National Safe Haven Alliance | operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229.
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narcononworks.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of every month. 997-1671 for location.
•La Leche Breastfeeding
| 10:30 a.m. Monday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 3 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
| 10:30 a.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
Zumba | 10 a.m. Monday
Just Step | 6 p.m. Monday and 5 p.m. Wednesday
Safe Sitter course for students ages 11-13 | 8:30 a.m. Friday,conference room, North Myrtle Beach Complex. $35; includes lunch, bag, manual and certification card. 390-8326.
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
• Multiple Sclerosis | 6 p.m. second Tuesday of each month, Center for Health and Fitness. 390-8326.
• Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.
• Ostomy | 2 p.m. first Sunday of each month, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.
• Fibromyalgia/Arthritis | 11 a.m. first Wednesday of each month, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326.
• Diabetes | 10 a.m. Friday, McLeod Seacoast cafe’. 390-8326