Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit online at www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Create Your Weight program | 5:30 p.m. Thursdays through May 29, Waccamaw Community Hospital. $75. 520-8288 to register.
Better Choices, Better Health Six Day series | 1 – 3:30 p.m. Mondays through June 30, Wachesaw Conference Center. 520-8490 to register.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Tuesday, Waccamaw Community Hospital and June 2, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8490.
Seminar: Treatment for Hip and Knee Arthritis | Noon Wednesday, Georgetown Hospital System, 160 Willbrook Blvd., Litchfield Beach and June 4, Wachesaw Conference Center. Lunch provided. 520-7842 to make reservation.
Seminar: Obesity Surgery |5 p.m. June 5, Winyah Surgical Specialists, 14490 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 545-8850 to register.
Prepared Childbirth class | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 7, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. $50. 520-8490 to register.
Dietitian supermarket tours | 5 p.m. June 12, BI-LO, 4430 U.S. 17, Murrells Inlet. Free. 520-8288 to register
Safe Sitter program for boys and girls 11-13 years old | 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. June 19, 20 and July 17, 18, Wachesaw Conference Center and June 25, 26, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. $50. 520-8490 or register online.
• Mended Heart | noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month, NHC Health Care, 9405 U.S. 17 Bypass, Garden City Beach. 357-2306.
• Anytime Fitness partnered with insurance companies | They offer 24-hour virtual classes with live-instructor classes. To find out if your insurance will pay for your gym membership, visit the club on Willbrook Boulevard, Pawleys Island or visit www.anytimefitness.com.
• Bosom Buddies | 6-7 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. 237-8787.
• Alzheimer’s | 10 a.m. Wednesday, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711.
• Stroke | 3 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1415.
| 6:30 p.m. June 5, Winyah Surgical Specialists, 14490 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 545-8850.
| 4:30-5:30 p.m. June 9, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8062.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 2-7 p.m. Tuesday, Pelicans Stadium, 1251 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 918-6022.
• 7 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Horry Telephone Cooperative, 3480 U.S. 701 N., Conway. 369-8714.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Horry County Complex, 1301 Second Ave., Conway. 915-5000.
• 1-6 p.m. Thursday,Surfside United Methodist Church, 800 13th Ave. N., Surfside Beach. 238-2734.
• 1-6 p.m. Friday, Chick-fil-A, 2360 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. 293-3992.
• Noon to 6 p.m. June 3, King of Glory Lutheran Church, 805 11th Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. 704-301-3250
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 4, Burroughs and Chapin Company, 4898 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach. 848-4407.
• 2-7 p.m. June 5, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 65 Crooked Oak Drive, Pawleys Island. 237-2795.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 6, Georgetown Memorial Hospital, 606 Black River Road, Georgetown. 527-7173.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 7, Inlet Square mall, 10125 U.S. 17 Bypass S., Murrells Inlet. 651-6990.
• 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. June 9, Holy Cross Faith Memorial Episcopal Church, 85 Baskervill Drive, Pawleys Island. 237-3459.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
CX60 with Calvin exercise | 9-10 a.m. Monday and Wednesday, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 members; $120 non-members. 347-1515.
Wakeup call with Calvin | 5:15-6 a.m. Monday and Wednesday, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $80 members; $120 non-member. 347-1515.
Wellness coaching with Robin | All May includes coaching sessions, food and nutrition analysis, exercise workouts and more for $99 month. 347-1515.
Introductory massage special | All May CMC Wellness and Fitness Center offers therapeutic massages for $39 for 45 minutes. 347-1515 to book an appointment.
Heartsaver® CPR AED | 1 p.m. Tuesday, Conway Medical Center. $45. 234-5019.
Swim lessons | times, days and classes vary. CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515.
Mobile Health services | 7:30-9:30 a.m. Free screenings include blood pressure, finger stick full lipid panel; total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and blood sugar. 347-8068 or 234-5019.
• Tuesday, Quick Shop, 5100 Cates Bay Highway, Conway
• Wednesday, Griffin IGA, 8729 S.C. 90, Longs
• Friday, Tilly Swamp Baptist Church, 4619 S.C. 90, Conway
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083.
• Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Shoreline Behavior, 2404 Wise Road and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Serenity Hall. 465-7416 or email@example.com.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart Health Profiles | 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000.
Blood pressure screenings for stroke awareness month |10 – 11 a.m. weekdays during May, main lobby, Grand Strand Medical Center. Free. 692-4444.
Prepared Childbirth course | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 7, Grand Strand Medical Center. $50. 692-4444 to register.
Camp Air Waves | 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 10-13, HealthFinders. The day camp is $25; includes meals, field trips and activities. For children, ages 7-11 with asthma and diabetes. 839-9933.
Safe Sitter Babysitting class for ages 11-13 | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 30, July 24, Aug. 6, HealthFinders and June 18 and July 29, YMCA. $35 includes materials and book bag. 692-4444 to register.
• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• National Safe Haven Alliance | operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229.
• Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
• Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narcononworks.com.
• Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Inflammatory Bowel Disease | 6:30 p.m. third Friday of every month. 997-1671 for location.
• Diabetes | 3 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
Zumba | 10 a.m. Monday
Just Step | 6 p.m. Monday and 5 p.m. Wednesday
Mall Walkers | 9 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, Myrtle Beach mall food court. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
Joint Movement Health and Fitness program for ages 13 and up | 5:30-7 p.m., May 27, North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex, 150 Citizens Circle, Little River. Free medical screening and one-on-one nutrition counseling. 390-8326 to register.
Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting.
Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
Multiple Sclerosis | 6 p.m. second Tuesday of each month, Center for Health and Fitness. 390-8326.
Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.
Ostomy | 2 p.m. first Sunday of each month, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.
Fibromyalgia/Arthritis | 11 a.m. first Wednesday of each month, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326.
Diabetes | 10 a.m. Friday, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.