Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Monday, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Seminar: Stroke Prevention and Carotid Artery Disease | noon Tuesday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Lunch provided. Free. 520-7842 to reserve your seat.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. Feb. 3, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8490 to register.
Handle with Care - Baby Care class | 6-8 p.m. Feb. 4, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Free. 520-8490 to register.
Heartsaver BLS-CPR | 6-10 p.m. Feb. 6, Wachesaw Conference Center. $30. 520-8490 to register.
Learn how to shop healthy at supermarket tour | 4 p.m. Feb. 6, Bi Lo, 1610 U.S. 17 S., Murrells Inlet. Free. 520-8288 to register.
Community Health BLS - CPR | 8 a.m. to noon Feb. 7, Wachesaw Conference Center. $50. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Chronic Disease Self-Management workshop | 1:30-4 p.m. every Monday beginning Feb. 17, Wachesaw Conference Center. Free. 520-8490 to register.
I Can Cope Education series | 5:30-7:30 p.m. Feb. 12, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Free. Pre-registration required, 652-1640.
SUPPORT GROUPS• Mended Heart | noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health & Fitness, 12965 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday of each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 357-6848.
• Bosom Buddies | 6-7 p.m. Monday, Wachesaw Conference Center. 237-8787.
• Cancer | 4:30-5:30 p.m. Feb. 10, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8062.
• Alzheimer’s | 10 a.m. Feb. 12 and 26, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church. 651-9711.
• Stroke | 3 p.m. Feb. 12 and 26, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Conway Christian School, 1200 Medlen Parkway, Conway. 365-2005.
• 2-7 p.m. Thursday, St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 65 Crooked Oak Drive, Pawleys Island. 237-2795.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, Socastee High School, 4900 Socastee Blvd., Myrtle Beach. 293-2513.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 3, North Myrtle Beach Aquatics and Fitness Center, 1110 Second Ave. S. 281-3743.
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 4, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, 809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 692-1572.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 5, Coastal Carolina University, U.S. 501 W., Conway. 347-3161.
• 1-6 p.m. Feb. 5, St. Mary Our Lady of Ransom Catholic Church, 317 Broad St., Georgetown. 546-7416.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 6, Grand Strand campus, Horry Georgetown Technical College, 743 Hemlock Ave., Myrtle Beach. 477-2062.
• 1-6 p.m. Feb. 6, Surfside United Methodist Church, 800 13th Ave. N., Surfside Beach. 238-2734.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 7, Georgetown Memorial Hospital, 606 Black River Road, Georgetown. 527-7173.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
Swim lessons | times, dates and classes vary. CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. 347-1515.
Zumba | 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, James R. Frazier Community Center, 1370 Bucksport Road, Conway. Three month special for $45 or $5/class. 397-1172 to register.
Weight Loss workshop | 6 p.m. Monday, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $39 members and $49 community. 347-1515.
Heartsaver CPR-AED | 1 p.m. Tuesday, Conway Medical Center. 234-5019.
Workout: Wakeup call with Calvin | 5:15-6 a.m. Monday and Wednesday, $80 members and $120 community. 347-1515.
Dancing with Alexander | Ballroom, 4:15-5 p.m. Wednesday and Latin, 5-6 p.m. Tuesday, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. Free for members and those visiting on a guest pass. 347-1515.
SUPPORT GROUPS• Grief | 10:30 a.m. second Tuesday of the month, Watson Funeral Services and Crematory, 2300 U.S. 378, Conway. 397-2500.
• Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 248-5083.
• Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Shoreline Behavior, 2404 Wise Road and 6 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, 2118 Oak St., Serenity Hall. 465-7416 or email@example.com.
• Diabetes | 6 p.m. Monday, Conway Medical Center. 347-8013.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1c testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart Health Profiles | 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR-AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narcononworks.com.
Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 488-9971
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m.-noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. No class Jan. 14. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | 10-11 a.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
Advanced Wound Center | 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, South Strand Medical Center, 5050 U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. 839-6000.
Health seminar: Wound treatment | 6-7 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444 to register.
Prepared Childbirth course | 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Saturday, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. $50. 692-4444 to register.
Health fair | 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. Panel 30 blood profile for $30 includes thyroid, complete cholesterol, total iron, sodium, glucose, calcium, magnesium, total protein, protein, potassium and more. Fasting for 12-hours required. Free screenings include blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen saturation, foot, spine and vision. 839-9933.
Prepared Childbirth course | 6:30 p.m. Feb. 3, 10 and 17. Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. $50. 692-4444 to register.
Seminar: Eating Well Through Cancer Treatment | 2-3 p.m. Feb. 4, Coastal Cancer Center, 8121 Rourk St., Myrtle Beach. Free. 429-5054 to sign-up.
Workshop: Exploring Your Options for Back & Neck Pain | 1 p.m. Feb. 4, TBonz Gill & Grill steakhouse, 1169 Seaboard St., Myrtle Beach. Lunch provided. 979-2273 to reserve your seat.
Seminar: Infertility | 6 p.m. Feb. 5, Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, 8121 Amalfi Place, Myrtle Beach. Free. Refreshments provided. To register, 883-5800 or www.coastalfertilityspecialists.com.
Infant Care class | 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Feb. 8, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444. to register.
Breastfeeding class | 1:30-3:30 p.m. Feb. 8, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444. to register.
Free Health Insurance workshop | If you need assistance with enrollment in the health insurance marketplace, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Feb. 8, Burgess Community Center, 10299 S.C. 707, Myrtle Beach. 663-8090.
SUPPORT GROUPS• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Diabetes | 3 p.m. Tuesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• LaLeche Breastfeeding | 10:30 a.m. Feb. 6, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. Feb. 10, cafe rooms, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 692-4444.
• Stroke | 2 p.m. Feb. 11, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• Prostate | 6 p.m. Feb. 12, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center and 9 a.m.-noon every Monday, Center for Health and Fitness. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Fitness classes | Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 non-members. 716-7111. Classes scheduled as follows:
Zumba | 10 a.m. Monday
Just Step | 6 p.m. Monday and 5 p.m. Wednesday
Lecture: Mall Walkers on Joint Health | 9 a.m. Feb. 4, in front of JC Penney beside the food court, Myrtle Beach mall. The Mall Walkers program is free and is open to everyone. Registration requested, 272-4040, ext. 110.
SUPPORT GROUPS• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting.
• Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday of each month, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 663-0770.
• Multiple Sclerosis | 6 p.m. second Tuesday of each month, Center for Health and Fitness. 390-8326.
• Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday of each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.
• Ostomy | 2 p.m. first Sunday of each month, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.
• Fibromyalgia/Arthritis | 11 a.m. first Wednesday of each month, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326.
• Diabetes | 10 a.m. Friday, McLeod Seacoast Cafe. 390-8326.