Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS.
Health screenings | Finger-stick lipid profiles with blood sugar test: $20; diabetes screening-hemoglobin A1C: $15; blood sugar levels: $3. Free blood pressure screenings. 520-8579.• 7:30 a.m.-noon Tuesdays, mall area, Georgetown Memorial Hospital
• 7:30 a.m.-noon Thursdays, hallway by Same Day Surgery, Waccamaw Community Hospital.
• 8:30-11:30 a.m. second Friday every other month, Waccamaw Community Care, 4310 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach.
Breastfeeding class | 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Free, pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Lecture: Diabetes 101 - Understanding Diabetes | noon Wednesday, Wachesaw Conference Center. Lunch provided. Free. 520-7842 to reserve your seat.
Seminar: Obesity Surgery | 5 p.m. Thursday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. 545-8850 to register.
Prepared Childbirth class | 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. $50. Pre-registration required, 520-8490.
Lecture: Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy - A Treatment for Chronic Inflammatory Conditions including Arthritis | noon June 10, Wachesaw Conference Center, Murrells Inlet. Lunch provided. 520-7842 to reserve your seat.
Obstetrics tour | 6 p.m. June 10, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8490.
Handle with Care-Baby Care class | 6-8 p.m. June 11, Waccamaw Community Hospital, Murrells Inlet. Free, pre-registration required, 520-8490.
I Can Cope Education Series | 5:30-7:30 p.m. June 12, Waccamaw Community Hospital. Free, pre-registration required, 652-1640.
Lecture: Current Treatment Options for Arthritis of the Hip, Knee and Shoulder | noon June 13, Wachesaw Conference Center, Murrells Inlet. Free. Lunch provided. 520-7842 to reserve your seat.
Lecture: Updates on Hypertension and your Treatment Options | noon June 17, Hemingway Library, 306 N. Main St., Hemingway. Free. Lunch provided. 520-7842 to reserve your seat.
• Mended Hearts | noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health and Fitness, 12965 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. Lunch provided. 685-3378 or email@example.com.
• Alzheimer’s | noon Monday, Prince George Episcopal Church.
• Grief | 4-5 p.m. each Monday in June, Murrells Inlet Presbyterian Church, 4499 U.S. 17 Bypass. Sponsored by Caris Healthcare. 349-4400.
• Obesity surgery | 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. 545-8850 to register.
• Alzheimer’s | 10 a.m. June 12 and 26, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711.
• Stroke | 3 p.m. June 12 and 26, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875.
• Parkinson’s | 7 p.m. June 13, Timber Lake Baptist Church, S.C. 707. 650-8756.
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS.
2-7 p.m. Monday, Socastee United Methodist Church, 5575 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach. 650-3373.• 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, 809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 692-1572.
• 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday, Wyndham Resorts, 1000 Second Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach. 281-3466.
• 7 a.m.-noon Thursday, Horry County Solid Waste Authority, 1886 S.C. 90, Conway. 347-1651.
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday, private dining room, Georgetown Memorial Hospital, 606 Black River Road. 527-7173.
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Wal-Mart, 2709-A Church St., Conway. 796-1965.
• 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, Precious Blood of Christ Catholic Church, 1633 Waverly Road, Pawleys Island, Georgetown. 237-3428.
• 11 a.m.-4 p.m. June 10, South Strand Complex, 9630 Scipio Lane, Myrtle Beach. 455-5543.
• noon-6 p.m. June 11, King of Glory Lutheran Church, 805 11th Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. 704-301-3250.
12:30-4:30 p.m. June 12, Horry County Public Works, 4401 Privetts Road, Conway. 915-5390.• 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 13, Trinity United Methodist Church, 706 14th Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach. 272-5236.
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m. June 14, Conway Medical Center. 347-8035.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, The Birthplace, Conway Medical Center, 300 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway. 347-8108.
Wellness Coaching with Robin Robinson | ongoing, Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center, 2369 Cypress Circle. $99. 347-1515.
Mobile health services | Free screenings include blood pressure, finger- stick full lipid panel, Triglycerides and blood sugar. 347-8068 or 234-5019. Scheduled as follows:• 7:30-9:30 a.m. Thursday, Donzelle’s Restaurant, 1703 Main St., Conway.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. June 11, Ocean Fish Market, 302 Kingston St., Conway.
• 7-9 a.m. June 12, Waccamaw Grocery, 4823 Pee Dee Highway, Conway.
• 9:30-11:30 a.m. June 14, Aynor IGA, 715 S. Main St.
Zumba | 7-8 p.m. every Tuesday and Friday starting June 4, James R. Frazier Community Center, 1370 Bucksport Road, Bucksport. June special $15. Visit http://parksandrec.horrycounty.org to register.
Breastfeeding class | 7-9 p.m. Friday, private dining room 2, Conway Medical Center. Free. 347-8108.
Swim lessons | Classes and times vary, weekday sessions June 10-27, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. $40 members, $50 community. 347-1515.
Safe Sitter class for ages 11-13 | 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. June 18, CMC Wellness and Fitness Center. 234-5019.
AARP Safe Driving class | 9 a.m.-3 p.m. June 20, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108.
Childbirth class | 9 a.m.-3 p.m. June 22, Conway Medical Center. 347-8108.
Seminar: Joint Replacement | noon June 26, Conway Medical Center auditorium. 347-8108.
SUPPORT GROUPS• Parents Anonymous | 5-7 p.m. every Tuesday, Conway Medical Center. 448-5804.
• Weight loss | 6:30 p.m. June 18, Conway Medical Center. 234-6686.
• Diabetes | 6 p.m. June 24, Conway Medical Center. 347-8013.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.grandstrandmed.com.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. $7 for cholesterol screening; $20 for lipid panel; $20 for A1C testing; blood pressure and weight screenings free. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 692-4444.
Heart Health Profiles | 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
BLS CPR/AED classes | First Aid; Babysitter and Family Care Giving classes and certifications offered weekly by appointment. All instructors are AHA/ARC certified. K-Loc Healthy Kids, Inc., 1435 Cannon Road, Myrtle Beach. Classes available in Georgetown and North Myrtle Beach. Registration required. 467-0068.
Addiction counseling | Narconon. Call for free assessments or referrals, 877-413-3073 or www.narcononworks.com.
Nar-Anon family group | 7 p.m. Sundays, Recovery Warehouse, 3116 Shetland Lane, unit 34, Myrtle Beach. 233-9017.
Prime of Life Yoga | 11 a.m.-noon Tuesdays, HealthFinders. $8 per class. 692-4444.
AARP Driver Safety course | 10 a.m-4:30 p.m. Monday, HealthFinders. Fee $14; $12 for AARP members. 692-4444, registration required.
Three-week prepared childbirth course | 7 p.m. Monday and June 10, 17, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. $50. Pre-registration required, 692-4444.
Cholesterol and blood pressure screenings | 8:30-9:30 a.m. Wednesday and June 19, YMCA, 62nd Avenue North extension and U.S. 17 Bypass, Myrtle Beach. Finger-stick cholesterol screening, $7; lipid profile, $20; free blood pressure screening. A 12-hour fast required for lipid profile. 692-4444.
Hatha Yoga class | noon-1 p.m. Thursday, HealthFinders. $8. 692-4444.
Camp Air Waves | 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. June 11-14, HealthFinders. For children ages 7 to 11 who have asthma or diabetes, require daily medication and are under a physician’s care. $25 which includes meals and all field trips and activities. Scholarships are available. 839-9933 to register.
Infant care | 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. June 15, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Breastfeeding class | 1:30-3:30 p.m. Saturday, June 15, HealthFinders. Free. 692-4444.
Pre-Diabetes class | 4:30-5:30 p.m. June 25, HealthFinders. 692-4444 to register.
“Look Good Feel Better” for women in cancer treatment | 2-4 p.m. Aug. 5, Coastal Cancer Center, 8121 Rourk St., Myrtle Beach. 800-227-2345, registration required.
SUPPORT GROUPS• Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273.
• Non-offending parents of child victims of sexual assault | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesdays, Conway. 448-3180 or www.victimtosurvivor.org.
• Young stroke survivors between ages 20 to 65 | 11:30 a.m. fourth Friday each month, meeting room, Rotelli’s restaurant, U.S. 501, Conway. 655-2835 or www.YoungStroke.org.
• Mended Hearts | 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, 809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach. Lunch provided. 685-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• ARC | 5:30 p.m. June 17, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
Grief | 1:30 p.m. June 18, HealthFinders. 692-4444.• Stroke | 2 p.m. June 18, Grand Strand Senior Health, Carolina Forest. 692-4444.
• Thyroid Cancer | 6 p.m. June 18, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• La Leche League | 10:30 a.m. June 19, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• Prostate | 6 p.m. June 19, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
• Grand Strand Breathers | 2 p.m. June 20, Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. 692-4444.
• Diabetes | 3 p.m. June 25, HealthFinders. 692-4444.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line. 716-7527 or www.lorishealth.org.
Injury screenings | 8-11 a.m. every Friday, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center and 9 a.m.-noon every Friday, Center for Health and Fitness. 360-213-3620 or 281-3737 to schedule an appointment.
Zumba | 6 p.m. Monday and Thursday, 4 p.m. Monday and Wednesday, and 10 a.m. Monday (beginner’s Zumba), Center for Health and Fitness. Free for members; $5 for guest of members; $8 nonmembers. 716-7111.
Canner gauges tested | 2:30 p.m. Friday, Brunswick County Center of the N.C. Cooperative Extension Service, 25 Referendum Drive, Bolivia, N.C. 910-253-2610. No charge for pressure canners tested.
Lecture: Getting your Feet Ready for Summer | 6:30 p.m. June 13, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. 390-8326.
Lymphedema screenings | 1-3:30 p.m. June 18, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center. Registration required, 390-8326.
Safe Sitter for ages 11-13 | 8:30 a.m. July 25, North Myrtle Beach Aquatic and Fitness Center and Aug. 6, Center for Health and Fitness. $35. Registration required, 390-8326.
SUPPORT GROUPS• Diabetes | 10-11 a.m. June 28, McLeod Seacoast. Registration requested, 390-8326.
• Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting.
• Parkinson’s | 2 p.m. third Wednesday each month, parish hall, Our Lady Star of the Sea Church. 399-7029.
• Ostomy | 2 p.m. first Sunday of each month, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8326