Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
• 7:30 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, mall area, Georgetown Memorial Hospital
• 7:30 a.m. to noon Thursdays, hallway by Same Day Surgery, Waccamaw Community Hospital.
• 8:30-11:30 a.m. second Friday every other month, Waccamaw Community Care, 4310 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach.
•Young stroke survivors
between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday each month, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or visitwww.YoungStroke.org
| noon fourth Tuesday of each month, Health Point Center for Health and Fitness, 12965 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. Lunch provided. 685-3378 email@example.com
| 4:30-5:30 p.m. Monday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8062
| 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Georgetown Library, 405 Cleland St. 436-5900 or 359-5455
| 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1415
| 10 a.m. May 22, Belin Memorial United Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711
| 3 p.m. May 22, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1415
| 1:30 p.m. May 23, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1281 or 652-1638
| 6-7 p.m. May 27, Wachesaw Conference Center, 4367 Riverwood Drive, Suite 160, Murrells Inlet. 237-8787
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS.
• noon to 5 p.m. Monday, Ocean Drive Presbyterian Church, 410 Sixth Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach. 249-2312
• 2-7 p.m. Tuesday, University Baptist Church, 1740 S.C. 501 E., Conway. 902-3347
• 7 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Horry Telephone Cooperative, 3480 U.S. 701 N., Conway. 369-8714
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday, North Myrtle Beach Christian School, 9535 S.C. 90, Longs. 399-7181
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, Santee Cooper, 305A Gardner Lacy Road, Myrtle Beach. 347-3399
• noon to 5 p.m. Friday, XCON Convention, 2101 N. Oak St., Myrtle Beach. 450-6610
• 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Shepherd of the Sea Lutheran Church, 2637 U.S. 17 S., Garden City Beach. 357-3131
• noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, Living Water Baptist Church, 1569 S.S. 9 E., Longs. 399-5883
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 20, Horry County School District, 335 Four Mile Road, Conway. 488-6773
• 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 21, McLeod Seacoast Medical Center, 4000 S.C. 9 E., Little River. 390-8327
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
• Tuesday, Bobbie’s Beauty Boutique, 3419 Kates Bay Road, Conway.
• Friday, Crop Production Services, Inc., 3255 Valley Forge Road, Aynor.
• May 20, Mt. Olive AME, 1108 Carver St., Myrtle Beach.
• May 21, Griffin’s IGA Supermarket, 8729 S.C. 90, Longs.
• May 28, Fisherman’s Headquarters, 3414 U.S. 701 S., Conway.
• May 29, Sunhouse G&B, 3372 U.S. 378 Conway.
| 5-7 p.m. every Tuesday, Conway Medical Center. 448-5804
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.grandstrandmed.com.
•Rape Crisis Center
| Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273
•Non-offending parents of child victims of sexual assault
| 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Conway. Visitwww.victimtosurvivor.org
•Young stroke survivors between ages 20 to 65
| 11:30 a.m. fourth Friday each month, meeting room, Rotelli’s restaurant, U.S. 501, Conway. 655-2835 or visitwww.YoungStroke.org
| 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, 809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach. Lunch provided. 685-3378 firstname.lastname@example.org
•The Automatic Defibrillator
| 2 p.m. Tuesday, Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, HealthFinders. 692-4444
•Grand Strand Breathers
| 2 p.m. Thursday, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center.
| 5:30 p.m. May 20, HealthFinders. 692-4444
| 1:30 p.m. May 21, HealthFinders. 692-4444
• Stroke | 2 p.m. May 21, Grand Strand Senior Health – Carolina Forest.
• Thyroid Cancer | 6 p.m. May 21, HealthFinders.
• Celiac | 6:30 p.m. May 21, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center.
• Diabetes | 3 p.m. May 28, HealthFinders.
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line, 716-7527 or online at www.lorishealth.org.
•Multiple Sclerosis |
6 p.m. Tuesday, Center for Health & Fitness. 390-8326
| 10-11 a.m. May 31, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8326
| 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, À. À. Building, Route 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. E-mail email@example.com or just show up at the next meeting.