Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Georgetown Memorial Hospital, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.georgetownhospitalsystem.org.
• 7:30 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, mall area, Georgetown Memorial Hospital
• 7:30 a.m. to noon Thursdays, hallway by Same Day Surgery, Waccamaw Community Hospital.
• 8:30-11:30 a.m. second Friday every other month, Waccamaw Community Care, 4310 Dick Pond Road, Myrtle Beach.
•Young stroke survivors
between ages 20 and 65 | 11:30 a.m. third Wednesday each month, April 17,first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Hospital or 5:30 p.m. education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 655-2835 or visitwww.YoungStroke.org
| 6 p.m. last Tuesday of each month, April 30, Health Point Center for Health and Fitness, 12965 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. Light supper provided. 685-3378 email@example.com
| 4:30-5:30 p.m. Monday, education center, Georgetown Memorial Hospital. 520-8062
| 10 a.m. Wednesday and April 24, Belin Memorial Methodist Church, U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 651-9711
| 3 p.m. Wednesday and April 24, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1875
| 7 p.m. Thursday, Timber Lake Baptist Church, S.C. 707. 650-8756
| 3:45 p.m. April 17, fourth-floor dining room, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 652-1415
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS.
• 1-6 p.m. Monday, Little River United Methodist Church, 1629 U.S. 17, Little River.
• 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays through April 30, Red Cross Center, The Plaza at Carolina Forest, 3681 Renee Drive, Unit 4, Myrtle Beach
• 7 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Horry County Solid Waste Authority, 1886 S.C. 90, Conway
• 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Horry Georgetown Technical College, 2050 U.S. 501 E., Conway
• noon to 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays through April 24, Red Cross Center, The Plaza at Carolina Forest, 3681 Renee Drive, Unit 4, Myrtle Beach
• 12:30-6 p.m. Wednesday, St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, 801 11th Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach
• noon to 6:30 p.m. Thursdays through April 25, Red Cross Center, The Plaza at Carolina Forest, 3681 Renee Drive, Unit 4, Myrtle Beach
• 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Fridays through April 26, Red Cross Center, The Plaza at Carolina Forest, 3681 Renee Drive, Unit 4, Myrtle Beach
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Wal-Mart, 2709-A Church St., Conway
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday, St. James Catholic Church, 1071 Academy Drive, Conway
• 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 15, South Strand Complex, 9630 Scipio Lane, Myrtle Beach
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center, but some take place at the Conway Medical Wellness and Fitness Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Shelley’s Seafood, 1513 Third Ave., Conway.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Conway Health Fair, Conway Recreation Center, 1515 Mill Pond Road. Blood pressure screenings only.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. April 16, Gate Bay Apartments, 1300 Creel St., Conway.
• 7:30-9:30 a.m. April 17, Nye’s Pharmacy, 1600 Tenth Ave., Conway.
| 5-7 p.m. every Tuesday, Conway Medical Center. 448-5804
| 6 p.m. April 22, Conway Medical Center. 347-8013
| 6:30 p.m. April 16, Conway Medical Center. 234-6686
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or log on to www.grandstrandmed.com.
•Rape Crisis Cente
r | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 448-3180 or 448-7273
•Non-offending parents of child victims of sexual assault
| 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Conway. Visitwww.victimtosurvivor.org
•Young stroke survivors between ages 20 to 65
| 11:30 a.m. fourth Friday each month, meeting room, Rotelli’s restaurant, U.S. 501, Conway. 655-2835 or visitwww.YoungStroke.org
| 11:30 a.m. second Monday of each month, April 8 and May 13, meeting room behind cafeteria, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, 809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach. Lunch provided. 685-3378 firstname.lastname@example.org
| 6 p.m. Wednesday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
•La Leche League
| 10:30 a.m. Thursday, HealthFinders. 692-4444
| 5:30 p.m. April 15, HealthFinders. 692-4444
| 2 p.m. April 16, Grand Strand Senior Health, Carolina Forest. 692-4444
| 1:30-2:30 p.m. April 16, HealthFinders. 692-4444
| 6-7:30 p.m. April 16, HealthFinders. 692-4444
| 10:30-11:30 a.m. April 18, HealthFinders. 692-4444
•Grand Strand Breathers
| 2 p.m. April 18, Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, Cardiac Rehabilitation Center. 692-4444
| 3-4 p.m. April 23, HealthFinders. 692-4444
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
McLeod Health/Loris/Seacoast sponsors the following events, classes and meetings. The hospital system offers a physician referral line, 716-7527 or online at www.lorishealth.org.
| 6 p.m. Tuesday, Center for Health & Fitness. 390-8326
| 10 a.m. April 26, McLeod Seacoast. 390-8326