Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Tidelands Health, but some take place at different locations. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.tidelandshealth.org
Chronic kidney disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.ultracare-dialysis.com/TOPS
“In the Pink” breast cancer awareness walk | 8:30 a.m. events start, 10 a.m. walk starts, Oct. 1, begins at Waccamaw Medical Park East on U.S. 17 Bypass and winds along the Marsh Walk, Murrells Inlet. $30. 843-652-8080 or tidelandshealth.org/breastcancerwalk to register.
TAKE OFF POUNDS SENSIBLY
<bullet>7 a.m. Fridays, disciple house, Church of the Resurrection, 8901 U.S. 17 Bypass, Surfside Beach.843-424-9573.
<bullet>6 p.m. Mondays, Low Country Community Church, 4430 Murrells Inlet Road, Murrells Inlet.843-997-9641.
▪ Mended Hearts | noon, fourth Tuesday, first-floor classroom, Waccamaw Community Hospital. 843-685-3378 or email@example.com
▪ Survivors of Suicide-SOS | 6-8 p.m. first Wednesday of each month, meeting room, Inlet Square mall. 843-357-6848
▪ Waccamaw Regional Family Caregiver | 1-2 p.m. last Wednesday, Belin United Methodist Church Family Life Center, 4183 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet. 843-436-6144
▪ Grief | 10:30-noon first and third Wednesday, Burroughs Funeral Home, 3558 Old Kings Highway, Murrells Inlet. Free. 843-979-0304
▪ Diabetes | 11 a.m. to noon, first Wednesday of every month, Tidelands Community Resource Center, 1101 Highmarket St., Georgetown. Free. 843-520-8599 or firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-520-8576 or email@example.com
▪ Stroke | 3:30 p.m. Sept. 28, fourth-floor dining room, Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital. 843-652-1875
▪ Autism | 6-7:30 p.m. Oct. 6, Georgetown Library, 405 Cleland St. 843-436-5900 or 843-325-9355
Blood drives sponsored by American Red Cross are scheduled as follows. Call 843-839-4483 or 800-RED-CROSS or www.redcrossblood.org.
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 28, Socastee High School, 4900 Socastee Blvd., Myrtle Beach
▪ 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 29, Trinity United Methodist Church, 706 14th Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach
▪ 8 a.m. to noon Sept. 30, Williams Brice Building, U.S. 501 W., Conway
▪ 2 -7 p.m. Oct. 3, Grace Christian Fellowship, 1223 Highway 57 N., Little River
▪ Noon - 6 p.m. Oct. 4, King of Glory Lutheran Church, 805 11th Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach
▪ 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 5, Edward Jones Myrtle Beach, 7833 N. Kings Highway.
▪ 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 7, Georgetown Memorial Hospital, 606 Black River Road.
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Conway Medical Center. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit www.conwaymedicalcenter.com.
Obstetrics tour | 2 p.m. every Sunday, Conway Medical Center. 843-347-8108
Freedom from Smoking Class series | 3-5 p.m. or 5-7 p.m. every Tuesday through Oct. 20, Conway Medical Center. $50. 843-347-7107
▪ Al-Anon | 8 p.m. every Tuesday, 508 Beaty St., Conway. 843-450-5620
▪ Conway Al-Anon | 6 p.m. Wednesday, 6 p.m. Thursday and 10 a.m. Saturday, Serenity Hall, 2118 Oak St., Conway. 843-465-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ Diabetes | 6 p.m. Sept. 26, CMC Nursing Classroom. 843-347-8013
Many of these classes, events and meetings are sponsored by Grand Strand Medical Center, but some take place at the YMCA on 62nd Avenue North in Myrtle Beach or at HealthFinders in Coastal Grand mall. Call the numbers listed for more information or visit MyGrandStrandHealth.com/Events.
Walk-in screenings | 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, HealthFinders. Offers low cost cholesterol and A1C screenings daily. 843-692-4444
Ask the Pharmacist | 2-4 p.m. Fridays, HealthFinders. Bring your medication for review. One-on-one consults with a registered pharmacist. 843-692-4444
Grief Educational workshop | 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Oct. 26, meeting room B, Grissom campus, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. Free. 843-448-4496 to register.
Seminar: Minutes Matter! Time is of the essence when it comes to treating stroke, heart attack and sudden cardiac arrest | 6-7 p.m. Sept. 28, HealthFinders. 843-692-4444
Art Therapy class | 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 28, HealthFinders. Adults only. 843-692-4444
Medicare workshop for prescription drug plans - part D | 9:30 a.m. Sept. 28, Oct. 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9, 23, 30, Socastee Library, 141 S.C. 707- Connector Road, Myrtle Beach. 843-436-6252 or email@example.com, registration required.
Coping with grief during the holidays | 3-4:30 p.m. Oct. 18, Mercy Care, 8216 Devon Court, Myrtle Beach. The program is free but donations are appreciated. 843-234-6271 to register.
Self Defense class | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 22, X Gym, 568 George Bishop Parkway, Myrtle Beach. Free. 843-448-3180
AARP Smart Driver course | 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 29, Chapin Memorial Library. $20; $15 members. 843-945-4455 to reserve a seat.
Turkey Trot 5K - autism awareness 1-mile run for the kids | 8 a.m. Nov. 24, Market Common. To register, www.festivalpromos.com
▪ Alcoholics Anonymous meetings | Varying schedule, varying locations on the Grand Strand. 24-hour hotline. 843-445-7119 or visit www.aamyrtlebeach.org
▪ Living with Kidney Disease education | Varying schedule, varying locations in Horry and Georgetown counties. Free. 866-647-9396 or visit www.fresenius kidneycare.com
▪ Overeaters Anonymous, Meetings throughout the Grand Strand. Call for information. 843-222-3416.
▪ Rape Crisis Center | Individual counseling, support group, 24-hour hotline for victims of sexual assault. 843-448-3180 or 843-448-7273
▪ National Safe Haven Alliance | Operates a 24-hour hotline that women in distress can use for anonymous assistance. 888-510-2229
▪ Unplanned pregnancy? | Free pregnancy testing, free counseling and support. Coastline Women’s Center. 843-488-9971
▪ Addiction counseling | Narconon Arrowhead. Call for free assessments or referrals, 800-468-6933 or www.narcononarrow- head.org
▪ Recovering couples anonymous | 7-8:30 p.m. Sundays, 48th Avenue North, Myrtle Beach. Call for directions, 843-602-4380 or 843-602-3171
▪ Grief | 3-4:30 p.m. first and third Tuesday, meeting room A, Grissom campus, First Presbyterian Church, 3810 Robert Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. 843-448-4496 to make reservation
▪ Adult Survivors’ | 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursdays, 1551 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. 843-448-3180
LORIS/NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
▪ Al-Anon | 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday, A.A. Building, U.S. 17 S., Grissettown, N.C., across from Ocean Ridge, near Calabash and Shallotte. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or just show up at the next meeting
▪ Grief | 10:30 a.m. first Tuesday, the Center for Counseling and Wellness, 110 Ye Olde Kings Highway, North Myrtle Beach. 843-663-0770
▪ NAMI Family | 6-8 p.m. first Thursday, room D, Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Church, 1100 Eighth Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. 843-281-0245
▪ Ostomy | 2-4 p.m. first Sunday of April, May, June, Oct. and Nov., cafeteria, McLeod Seacoast Hospital, 4000 S.C. 9 E., Little River. 518-821-7675 or 843-430-1474.
To have your local health events and information listed, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information: Name of your group, time and date of meeting/event, location/address, topic/purpose, whether it is open to the public, whether it's free or the amount it costs. These announcements are listed each Monday on a space-available basis.