• The Wachesaw Plantation East Golf Club in Murrells Inlet has opened its new East Grill & Pub located at the clubhouse. The grill offers a Cuban-themed menu with crab dip, black bean salsa with chips, sliders, wings, burgers, tacos, sandwiches, and grab-and-go snacks for when you’re hitting the golf course. East Grill & Pub has newly-renovated tropical décor around the restaurant and has plenty of outdoor seating along with an outdoor bar. East Grill & Pub is open daily from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and located at 911 Riverwood Drive in Murrells Inlet. To place an order, call 357-5252.
• A new deli has made its way onto Grand Strand that features tons of New York Yankee memorabilia. NY Deli offers hot and cold sandwiches, melts, hot dogs, salads, and pastries. Signed posters, cards and baseballs cover the walls that can make the deli feel like a Yankee fan’s paradise. NY Deli, 3901 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), Myrtle Beach is open 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. To place an order call NY Deli at 215-9675.
Never miss a local story.
• August is National Coffee Month and Dunkin’ Donuts is celebrating by introducing new French Vanilla and Hazelnut Swirls for coffee beverages. Dunkin’ Donuts has also introduced a new Coffee Crème Donuts flavor made with the original coffee blend. The new beverages are offered hot and cold and are now permanent items on the menu. They are also available at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants in one-pound bags of packaged coffee for $8.99 and packs of K-Cups for use with the Keurig Brewing System for $9.99.
• Asheville, N.C.- based Tupelo Honey Café is making its way to Myrtle Beach and will offer made-from-scratch Mountain South cuisine to guests at the old Tommy Bahama Restaurant site on Howard Avenue at The Market Common. The company is in the process of renovating the building. The new restaurant will feature entrees such as shrimp and grits, sweet potato pancakes and specialty-crafted cocktails and local beers, according to a press release. Ingredients will come from area farms with restaurant décor created by regional artists. The 8,000-square-foot restaurant will have 270 seats with a full bar and outdoor seating. Tupelo Honey Café is scheduled to open early spring 2015.
• Moe’s Original Bar B Que will open its first South Carolina restaurant at 12827 Ocean Highway in Pawleys Island. With an open kitchen layout and a full premium bar, guests can sit inside or on the covered, screened porches to enjoy Alabama-style BBQ and traditional Southern sides. The restaurant will open on Aug. 25 and can be contacted by calling 235-8008.
• Shoney’s is celebrating the back-to-school season with a Kids Eat Free promotion Monday through Friday throughout August. Kids 10 and younger can enjoy one free meal and beverage of their choice with the purchase of one regular priced adult entrée or buffet. The free meal for kids can be either a kids’ menu entrée or the buffet. There is a limit of one free kids’ meal per adult meal purchased. Shoney’s Kids Eat Free offer is not valid with any other offer and is for dine in only. The following Grand Strand locations are participating: 1701 Church Street, Conway; 1805 N. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach; 1206 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach.