• Hard Rock Café has a new menu just in time for summer. A grilled chicken arugula salad, smoked brisket sandwich, coconut curry chicken, fried shrimp, chicken marsala with pasta, and a delicious apple cobbler and Oreo cheesecake for dessert are just a few of the items that are available inside the pyramid at Broadway at the Beach. Large selections of new summer drinks are also listed on the menu including the popular Hurricane, Purple Haze and the Bahama Mama. Hard Rock Café opens at 11 a.m. daily and hosts live music every Saturday night throughout the summer.
• Croissants Bistro & Bakery is hosting a “blend your own” wine night 6 p.m. Sunday at 3751 Robert M. Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach. Along with blending your own wine, a four course dinner will also be served. Menu items include peach and balsamic glazed duck salad, Kenyon grouper, beef tenderloin and a creme brownie for dessert. The wine blending and the dinner are included in the ticket price of $100 per person. Space is limited. Make reservations by calling 448-2253.
• Asian Mart has opened in the Kings Crossings Plaza at 1943-B Mr. Joe White Avenue in Myrtle Beach next to Subway. The Asian Mart owners are also owners of the Thai Season restaurant in North Myrtle Beach. Asian Mart will offer a variety of Asian and Thai options as well as recipes next to items so people visiting the store can know exactly how what they are purchasing can go with other items in the store. Asian Mart will also offer sushi made on site as well as a small dining area with a few bar stools. The owner says the store will soon carry a large variety of organic and whole foods. To reach Asian Mart you can call 839-2253. The hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
• Scotty’s Beach Bar, located oceanfront on Seaside Dr. off of Ocean Boulevard right next to the Surfside Beach Resort in Surfside Beach is sporting a newly remodeled nonsmoking bar with new furniture, TVs, hardwood floors and freshly painted white walls that bring out the natural light from the huge oceanfront window. Scotty’s has Thursday night karaoke until people decide to stop singing and live music every live Friday that starts at 4 p.m. Listed on surfboards that hang from the walls inside the bar, the menu includes frozen drinks and cocktails such as Bahama Mama Sunrise, Sex on the Beach, Blue Motorcycle, World Famous Bloody Mary and different flavored Margaritas. Food is now available upon request and happy hour runs from 4 to 7 p.m. daily. There is never a cover charge. For more information, call 238-9363.
• It’s time for summer at IHOP and your beloved neighborhood pancake house is welcoming the season with Summer Signature Pancakes. These pancakes include three new flavors: Raspberry Peach, Blueberry Cannoli and Strawberry Banana Cream. Also joining the menu are new salads, sandwiches and a selection of iced tea lemonades perfect for a hot summer day. There are two IHOP locations in the immediate Myrtle Beach area: 300 S. Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach and 100 Legends Rd Unit 5 in Carolina Forest.
The county’s Food Truck Ad Hoc Committee held a public hearing on May 29 at the Horry County Government and Justice Center in Conway to hear from concerned residents about the proposal. In the midst of this meeting, the county also felt the wrath of Bike-Week-Armageddon.
We caught up with Mary Catherine Cecil, a senior planner for Horry County, to find out what’s been cooking with the committee.
“Not too many changes were discussed,” says Cecil. “The next meeting was scheduled for Thursday, June 26 at 3 p.m. The Committee hopes to finalize their draft [proposal] at that time to send to Planning Commission and County Council.” If this draft proposal is passed, we may see the food truck pilot program launched by this fall. So until then, we’re just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round.