Following a months long investigation, six people were arrested on drug-related charges Tuesday morning at a Conway motel.
Agents with the 15th Circuit Drug Enforcement Unit, along with Conway police, executed a search warrant on four units at the Delta Motel at 305 Wright Blvd. that yielded the arrests. Agents had arrest warrants for three people before the search, and arrested an additional three during the raid, according to Dean Bishop with the DEU.
Police seized different drugs including, crack, cocaine, and marijuana, along with about $1,100 cash. Bishop said no guns were found during the search, and that heroin and possibly Fentanyl had been purchased through some of those arrested at the motel at previous times during the investigation, but those drugs were not found in any of the rooms on Tuesday.
Never miss a local story.
The investigation first began about two month ago, according to Bishop.
“We paired up with Conway Police Department’s new street crimes unit,” he said. “They brought us some intel about the hotel that was actionable information.”
Authorities then moved in on the motel and started making buys with confidential sources before the raid was conducted, Bishop said.
“Conway police street crimes unit - they were instrumental in helping us with this case,” said Bishop.
Bishop provided the names and information of those arrested, along with the charges he said they will face:
▪ Henry Junior Phillips, 44, will be charged with six counts of distribution of crack cocaine, second offense.
▪ Dominick Levell Artis, 41, will face charges of two counts of distribution of heroin, second offense, and has a pending trafficking of cocaine charge.
▪ Susan Ida Herring, 37, will be charged with two counts of distribution of heroin, first offense.
▪ Larry Bellamy and Sybil McNeil will both be charged with possession of cocaine and possession of crack.
▪ Victoria Days will be charged with simple possession of marijuana.