The latest Myrtle Beach-area restaurant notes
05/30/2014 12:03 PM
05/30/2014 12:04 PM
• 39th Avenue Bar & Grill has made some changes since new owners took over the restaurant last month. There’s an upgraded sushi menu, along with chicken and steak hibachi, mashed potatoes and salads. An extensive drink menu features specialty cocktails, martinis, wine, beer and liquor. Happy hour runs daily from 4 – 7 p.m. featuring $2 well drinks and domestics, $3 house wine and a $5 appetizer specials including Ying Yang Shrimp, grouper bites, sushi rolls, beef tips and mashed potatoes. Karaoke or live music is featured every night except Sunday. You can reach 39th Avenue Bar & Grill at 685-3420 or visit at 3809 U.S. 17 S., North Myrtle Beach.
• Marco’s, a new pizza joint that has replaced the location of Donato's Pizza in Garden City Beach, features a wide variety of pizza toppings and crust styles for any pizza lover out there. Also listed on the menu, you can order anything from salads, subs, and chicken wings to cinnasquares for dessert. Online ordering and delivery is available. Hours of operation are from 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. daily. Marco’s Pizza is at 2607 U.S. 17 Business, Garden City Beach and the phone number is 299-1416. There is also a location at 201 Fresh Drive, Suite E in Carolina Forest.
• The building that was home to Might As Well (a popular college bar) for a few years in Conway has been transformed in to a beach-themed bar. Kokomo’s Bar & Grill, located at 3505 S.C. 544, features a great happy hour, karaoke nights and turns into a club for late night hours. Popular finger foods such as buffalo shrimp and loaded nachos are available as well as a burger, fries and beer combo served for $5 every day. The bar has more than 15 flavors of Pinnacle vodka to make a variety of tasty shots. The most popular drink is the Kokomo’s Ocean Water.
• Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery has been re-branded as Liberty Brewery & Grill, as our own Beerman reported last week. The brewpub still mines America's rich ethnic cooking styles, and has finely hand-crafted beers, appetizers, wings, nachos, sandwiches and large plate options. Newly renovated and overlooking the water, Liberty Brewery & Grill has a perfect view while enjoying your food or cocktail. Happy hour runs daily from 4-7 p.m. Also, if you bring in your ticket from a Myrtle Beach Pelicans game you get a complementary fried pickle appetizer. You can dine in at 1321 Celebrity Circle, Suite R4, Boadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach. The phone number is 626-4677.
• With summer just around the corner, Myrtle Beach area Dunkin’ Donuts outlets are preparing to beat the heat with an addition to the Coolatta family by introducing the new Frozen Arnold Palmer Coolatta. This twist on the classic beverage is a frosty version of the half iced tea, half lemonade favorite. Any small Coolatta beverage in any variety will be available for $1.99 through the end of May. Other popular summer Coolatta options include strawberry, watermelon, orange and blue raspberry.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Myrtle Beach Sun News is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.