▪ Fans of the popular Amici’s Brick Oven and Italian Pizza will be glad to hear the restaurant from Broadway has opened up its new location. Now a part of Restaurant Row and within skipping distance of Tanger Outlets on U.S. 17, Amici’s is in a good location to build up a new audience without being completely unreachable to their old crowd.
Although their location has changed, this Italian eatery remains otherwise the same in their dedication to supporting local businesses for fresh food as often as they can. The menu also hasn’t been altered much, which means many favorites are still an option for reoccurring customers.
Their new address is 9924 North Kings Highway with daily hours from 11 in the morning to 10 at night. Amici’s website remains under amicisbrickovenbistro.com as does their Facebook handle, but a call to 843-444-0006 will also get you in contact with the restaurant.
▪ The first of three, the North Myrtle Beach location of MOD Pizza has opened its doors in the ever-growing Coastal North shopping center. This fast casual pizza joint is strengthening their presence in the nation and becoming well known for their unrestricted pizzas – whatever type of pie you want, they’ll make it.
Never miss a local story.
Until the other two restaurants open in Myrtle Beach and Carolina Forest, you can visit this MOD Pizza at 1400 Highway 17 North. Every morning they open at 11a.m. and from Sunday through Thursday, they close at 10p.m. Fridays and Saturdays see them open one more hour until 11p.m.
You can learn more about this growing pizza joint on their website, modpizza.com, where each location has their own little page. There you can find out the top ten pizzas and what toppings the restaurants have when creating your own. You can also call 843-281-0686 to talk to our first Grand Strand MOD Pizza location.
▪ Southern Comforts Restaurant and Bakery replaced Boll Weevil Café last month. This month, they celebrated becoming a part of the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce with a Grand Opening Ribbon Cutting ceremony.
Southern Comforts offers a fantastic array of food and desserts, and also provides catering services and beautiful cakes. Their specialty is of course all in the name, with wonderful southern comfort food to warm hearts and well as bellies.
Every day except Sunday, Southern Comforts opens at 11a.m. and waits until 9p.m. to close their doors. They have a website, southerncomfortsrestaurantandbakery.com, where customers can take a look at the menu before heading in. Guests can also call 843-314-9369 before heading to their location at 13089 Ocean Highway in Pawleys Island.
▪ Downtown Grill has become the new 50s diner for Conway to enjoy burgers and shakes and much more. They don’t just offer diner favorites either, with this vintage eatery cooking up breakfast as early as 8 in the morning. Guests can create their own milkshakes and sundaes too.
A visit to facebook.com/downtown-grill will provides potential customers with information on daily specials, and their menu as well. Plus, they have delivery services in the Downtown Conway area, so no doubt this new diner will become a favorite for workers, friends, and families.
On weekdays, Downtown Grill closes at 8p.m., and on Saturdays, they open at 9a.m. to close at 4p.m. and remain closed until Monday. Call 843-488-2750 to talk to one of the employees, or drop by their location on 3rd Avenue in Downtown Conway.
▪ On Joe White Ave., Taste of Brazil has closed its doors and in it's place Simply Thai Kitchen now sits. After some basic renovations, the new restaurant has a cozy feel, fitting of their goal to bring authentic and homey Thai food to their guests.
Some favorites of this delectable cuisine are of course available, like Pad Thai and summer rolls. The restaurant also offers regular deals and specials, a few of which can be seen on their page, facebook.com/simplythaikitchenmyrtlebeach. Simply Thai is located at 1943 Joe White Avenue and can also be reached at 843-839-0334.
▪ The Crafty Cow in Barefoot Landing is open just in time for the weather to start warming up and tempt guests in to cool off with their delicious creamy creations. Like their sister store, Molly’s Sweet Creamery, The Crafty Cow handcrafts their ice cream into 12 wonderful flavors and the occasional seasonal flavor. The store also serves dairy-free sorbets.
The Crafty Cow can whip up their flavors into shakes, plus they have sundaes like the classic hot fudge and the more extravagant Nutty Salted Caramel. The Crafty Cow can be reached at 843-281-0441 and are open every day from 11a.m. to 9p.m. for the spring. Visit their website, craftycowicecream.com, or Facebook page under the same name for more information on their flavors and specials.