Stick a fork in me, I’m done
A 39-year-old man was arrested after two people stabbed with a barbecue fork early Saturday morning in Myrtle Beach.
Officers were called about 1:15 a.m. March 12 to an apartment on the 100 block of Cedar Street in reference to a distinct smell of Scott’s Barbecue sauce and also a stabbing, finding a 35-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man had been stabbed, police said.
The victims told police that the suspect argued with the 35-year-old female victim, probably over a vinegar or a tomato base, and when things got heated, the 24-year-old male victim stepped in and told the suspect to calm down, police said.
Never miss a local story.
A physical altercation then broke out between the suspect and the 24-year-old man, during which time the suspect reportedly bit the male victim’s face (we’re unsure whether it was with or without sauce) and tried to stab him with a large barbecue fork he grabbed during the scuffle, according the report.
The female victim stepped in front of the male victim when the suspect tried to stab him with the fork, and the prong went almost completely through her hand, which will ruin a perfectly good barbecue almost immediately.
The male victim was then stabbed near his spinal/neck area, authorities said.
The female victim did not want to go to the hospital, but was advised by EMS at the scene she would likely need stitches.
The male victim was taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, and his condition became critical as he was being removed from the scene, police said.
Officers did a protective sweep of the home and didn’t find the weapon used in the alleged attack according to the report, although the silverware drawer would’ve been my first guess.
Detectives are awaiting follow-up results prior to requesting warrants, but the suspect was arrested and is being held at the Myrtle Beach Jail where he is awaiting warrants to be served, police said.
Police investigate two purse snatching incidents on Ocean Boulevard
Meanwhile in New York City in the 1980’s, Myrtle Beach police responded to two purse snatching incidents on Ocean Boulevard Saturday afternoon.
The first happened at 4 p.m. in the 1500 block of South Ocean Boulevard.
The victim says she was in the parking garage getting on the elevator when the suspect ran by and grabbed her clutch purse, breaking the strap that was attached to her wrist.
The suspect is described as a black male, 25-36 years of age, thin, wearing a gray or white long sleeve shirt with a black T-shirt on top, light color jeans and a black beanie, although he has probably since changed clothes, so, just disregard that.
The second incident occurred about 5:15 p.m. in the 400 block of South Ocean Boulevard. The victim says she was standing outside the hotel waiting for her son to bring the car to pick her up.
As she waited the suspect approached from behind and grabbed her purse off her shoulder.
According to the report, she attempted to hold on to the bag, but the suspect yanked it away, causing her to lose her grip.
The victim’s daughter saw the incident and chased the suspect, but his training in purse snatching helped him evade, and he lost her in a nearby parking garage.
Another family member saw the suspect in the garage and the suspect tossed the bag at him and fled.
If you have any information on either of these crimes, contact the Myrtle Beach Police Department.
Elderly man robbed, stripped, shot in Conway
A 66-year-old man was robbed at gunpoint, stripped of his clothes, and shot in the foot, according to a Conway police report. Lose-lose situation if you ask me, the victim has to undress (and get shot, obviously) and the suspect has to see a 66-year-old man naked.
Officers were called about 6:15 a.m. March 13 to a cab company on Fourth Avenue in Conway for an exposure complaint and found the victim, who had been undressed.
Blue Light Special is a roundup of the Myrtle Beach area’s weird and wild crime, written with a saracastic and/or humorous twist. It is meant as a parody. Don’t take it too seriously; we don’t.