THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SUNDAY, MONDAY & TUESDAY
Every now and again the House of Blues in North Myrtle Beach has a week akin to a big city venue, and the next few days sees the concert hall’s schedule jam packed with a variety of notable acts.
- Thursday, things get started with that whirling hippy girl dance as Widespread Panic tribute Machine Funk lays down the jam band grooves. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, the show starts at 8. Tickets are $10 and $13.
- On Friday, long-running Atlanta-based rock, funk and soul outfit Mother’s Finest (“Baby Love,” “Mickey’s Monkey,” “Piece of the Rock”) returns. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. Friday, the show starts at 8:30. Tickets range from $17.50 to $33.
- On Sunday, goth rock bad boy Marilyn Manson peels off from the Masters of Madness Shock Therapy Tour with shock rock godfather Alice Cooper to headline HOB, with opening act Picture Me Broken. Doors open at 7 p.m. Sunday, the shawk rawk starts at 8. Tickets range from $48 to $108.50.
- On Monday night, rock-reggae royalty 311 (“All Mixed Up,” “Down,” “Don’t Stay Home,” “Come Original,” “Beautiful Disaster”) returns. Doors open at 8 p.m. Monday, the show starts at 9. Tickets range from $45 to $92.50.
- And if that wasn’t enough, sometimes jammy pop-rock outfit O.A.R., aka Of a Revolution (“Hey Girl,” “Love and Memories,” “This Town,” “Shattered (Turn the Car Around)”) returns Tuesday with its Sounds of Summer Tour, also featuring Andrew McMahon and Allen Stone. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tuesday, the show starts at 8. Tickets range from $34.50 to $81.
House of Blues is at 4640 U.S. 17 S., Barefoot Landing, North Myrtle Beach. Call 272-3000 or visit www.houseofblues.com/myrtlebeach.
FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY & MONDAY
The Myrtle Beach Pelicans return from an 8-game road trip for a quartet of games against Carolina League foe the Winston-Salem Dash kicking off Friday and concluding Monday at TicketReturn.com Field. The Pelicans - in case you’ve been living under a rock - are a high Class A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, and the Winston-Salem club is an employee-training arm of the Chicago Pale Hose. Friday night’s game also features a tribute to the ‘90s, Saturday’s promotion is an ‘80s hair metal night air guitar giveaway (huh?), and fireworks follow Sunday’s game.
Game times are at 7:05 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Monday and 6:05 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $8, and $13 in advance, available at the stadium box office, online at www.myrtlebeachpelicans.com or by calling 918-6000. TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark is at 1251 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach at the intersection with Robert M. Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach.
And unto this crowded waterway...sure to attract a legion of ball-cap wearing frat boys and their bikini-clad homegirls, Crowded Streets, a Dave Matthews Band homage, will get the crowd dancing like “Ants Marching” on Sunday as the Boathouse’s Backyard Summer Concert Series continues overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway. The party, known colloquially as Sunday Funday, gets started at 5 p.m. Sunday. And the best part: no cover charge. The Boathouse Waterway Bar and Grill is at 201 Fantasy Harbour Blvd., Myrtle Beach. Call 903-2628 or visit www.boathousemb.com.
Tune into Surge’s On the Fly report Thursdays on WBTW’s News13 at 5.