Special events include ‘Cyclovia’
▪ “Beach Bash” benefiting Veterans Welcome Home and Resource Center in Little River (843-427-4568 or www.veteranswelcomehomeandresourcecenter.org), 11 a.m.-5 p.m. at Scotty’s Beach Bar, in Surfside Beach Resort, 15 S. Ocean Blvd., Surfside Beach. 843-238-9363.
▪ Opening of “Bob Hope: An American Treasure” exhibit, noon -4 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach Area Historical Museum, 799 Second Ave. N., North Myrtle Beach. $10 ages 18-59; $8 ages 60 and older and military/student with ID; $5 ages 5-12; and free ages 4 and younger. 843-427-7668 or www.nmbmuseum.com.
▪ “Cyclovia Myrtle Beach,” with free outdoor and fitness activities, 1-5 p.m. at The Market Common in Myrtle Beach, off Farrow Parkway, with portions of Howard and Jackson avenues, Hackler, Hall and Iris streets, and Cook Circle closed, to auto traffic. 843-918-1073.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Holocaust Remembrance Day Service, with unveiling and dedication of Permanent Butterfly Memorial Monument – a 6-by-8-foot limestone and steel memorial – 1 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Grand Park, along Farrow Parkway. www.permanentbutterflymemorialmonument.com.
▪ Long Bay Symphony Youth Orchestra, 1 p.m. on lawn at Kaminski House Museum, 1003 Front St., Georgetown. 843-545-4067 or kaminskimuseum.org.
▪ “Letters from Home” revue to kick off “Military Appreciation Days” for May, 3 p.m. in Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near The Market Common. Free. www.militaryappreciationdays.com.
▪ “Pops in the Park, 5 p.m. with the North Myrtle Beach Community Band and Stardusters big band, at North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex, at S.C. 90 and Robert Edge Parkway (or in case of rain: 7:30 p.m. in city’s J. Bryan Floyd Community Center, 1030 Possum Trot Road.). 843-488-6742 or www.nmbcommunityband.com, and for Stardusters: 843-215-3377.
Three shows wrap up runs on stage
▪ “Legally Blonde,” 2 p.m. at St. James High School, 10800 S.C. 707, Murrells Inlet, at Salem Road in Burgess community. $12 general, $10 seniors, $8 students. 843-650-5600 or www.sjhsdrama.com.
▪ Act Two Productions’ “An Evening with Mark Twain,” 3:15 p.m. at Fresh Brewed Coffee House, 933 Broadway St., Myrtle Beach. $15. 843-995-2756.
Variety of other shows later in day
▪ “Gospel Broadway and ‘Old Man River,’” with Monique and Kelvin Perkins, 3 p.m. at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2061 Glenns Bay Road, west of Surfside Beach. Free. 843-650-0313, or email arts.at.the email@example.com.
▪ “A Jean Ritchie Tribute,” with Jill Trinka, music professor, 4 p.m. in Coastal Carolina University’s Edwards Recital Hall, on Conway campus, accessed from U.S. 501 or S.C. 544. $7, 843-349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/news/culturalarts.
▪ “Praise the King!” piano duo concert by Susan Cadwell and Billy Fallaw, 5 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 1001 Fifth Ave., Conway. Free. 843-488-4251
▪ Jamie Morgan, 8 p.m. Sundays through May 8, and 9 p.m. Tuesday, at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. $15. 843-839-2565 or www.carolinacomedyclub.com.