Special programs at Waccamaw Library
The Georgetown County Library Waccamaw Neck branch, 41 St. Paul Place, Litchfield Beach, off Willbrook Boulevard, has two free events:
▪ Friends of the Waccamaw Library “1st Thursday” adult education monthly series, 10 a.m. with “Classic Carolina Road Trips,” with author Tom Poland, taking a photo-illustrated, armchair sojourn down back roads across the Palmetto State. Details at 843-314-3177 or www.thefowl.org.
▪ Finale of “Litchfield Tea and Poetry Series,” with readings by contributors to “Brookgreen Gardens: Through the Seasons in Images and Words,” 3-4 p.m. 843-545-3623, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Free gardening class in Surfside Beach
Join a free gardening class geared to senior citizens. Details at 484-269-3003, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details: 1 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Dick M. Johnson Civic Center, 829 N. Pine Drive, behind town hall on U.S. 17 Business. Free.
Cruise-in at Lincoln Park Bar & Grill
Join a Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in. Details at 843-503-8245.
Details: 5-8 p.m. at Lincoln Park Bar & Grill, 8739 U.S. 17 Bypass S., west of Surfside Beach, and 1 mile south of S.C. 544.
Pick from music, plays on stages
▪ “Back to the ’80s: The Totally Awesome Musical,” 7 p.m. Thursday-Saturday and 2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, at North Myrtle Beach High School, 3750 Sea Mountain Highway, Little River. $10 adults, and $8 students and seniors. 843-399-6171 or nmbhsfinearts.seatyourself.biz.
▪ “Music in the Park,” with Bruce Tereo, 6 p.m., and Josh Thompson, 7:30, in Georgetown’s Francis Marion Park, at Front and Broad streets. Free. www.historicgeorgetownsc.com.
▪ Coastal Carolina University World Percussion Ensemble, 7:30 p.m. in CCU Wheelwright Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $7. 843-349-2787 or www.coastal.edu/news/culturalarts.
▪ “Two Rooms,” through April 17: 7:30 pm. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Sundays at Atlantic Stage, in Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. $ 27.50 general, $22.50 ages 55 and older/educators/military,and $17.50 students, including Osher Lifelong Learning Institute members. 877-287-8587 or www.atlanticstage.com.
▪ “Broadway Through the Ages,” 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, and 3 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, at Stage Left Theatre Company, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, in The Market Common. $10. 843-232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.