See ‘Self/less,’ ‘Paper Towns’ for free
Adults are invited to a free movie in two Myrtle Beach city sites:
▪ “Self/less,” starring Amy Schumer and Bill Hader, and rated R, 1:30 p.m., in Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway. 843-918-1281 or www.chapinlibrary.org.
▪ “Paper Towns,” starring Ryan Reynolds and Natalie Martinez, and rated PG-13, 3 p.m. at Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common. 843-918-2380.
Book launch at Horry County Museum
Join Coastal Carolina University students and faculty for a reception for The Athenaeum Press’ latest book, “A War on Two Fronts: Fighting for Victory at Home and Abroad,” about black veterans from World War II. Details at 843-349-5099 or theathenaeumpress.com.
Details: 4-6 p.m. at Horry County Museum, 805 Main St. Conway – also with a continuing exhibit, “A War on Two Fronts.” Free.
HOB packs weekend with events
House of Blues, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach (843-272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach), has a busy weekend. Concert/dance prices vary by event:
▪ Friday – “Mardi Gras Dinner & Dance,” 6 p.m., with music by Bates Holman & Ragtime Five; and Dej Loaf, 8 p.m.
▪ Saturday – “Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre,” by Murder Mystery Productions, 7 p.m., for $42 (www.murdermysteryproductions.com) and “Slippery When Wet” Bon Jovi tribute, 8 p.m.
▪ Sunday – “Kirk Franklin’s Gospel Brunch,” with music by Glory, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., for $31 ages 11 and older, $15.50 ages 4-10, and free ages 3 and younger, and reservations at 913-3746.
Social dance open to all ages
Join a social dance for all ages, with music from Rosalie and Jack Drust, disc jockeys. Details at 570-881-0244, or email email@example.com.
Details: 6:30-10 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane. $7.
‘Rivertown Art Stroll’ in Conway
Take the “Rivertown Art Stroll” on Friday nights in February, with 10 sites each hosting a student or professional artist. Details at 843-248-6260 or conwayalive.com.
Details: 6-8:30 p.m. across downtown Conway. Free, with map weekly from Conway Visitor Center, 903 Third Ave.