Singers ages 16 and older who have not turned professional are welcome to compete in the next two weeks in “The Vocalist Challenge,” a benefit by Krazy Leo Karaoke for the Amercian Cancer Society.
Sign up at thevocalistchallenge.com to compete solo at a choice of establishments across the Grand Strand with karaoke:
▪ Lincoln Park Bar & Grill Aug. 15 and Sept. 5
▪ Hurricane Maggie’s Bar and Grill Aug. 19 and Sept. 3
Never miss a local story.
▪ Hotel Blue Aug. 20 and 28
▪ Captain Seaweeds Bar and Grill Aug. 21 and 30
▪ K-Rae’s Waterway Bar and Grille Aug. 22
▪ The Beaver Bar Aug. 24, 27 and 31, and Sept. 1
▪ Murphy’s Law on Aug. 25
▪ Milardo’s Pizzeria and Sports Pub Aug. 29 and Sept. 2
Votes cast for $2 donations each at all the aforementioned events will be added to the donations from the contest’s online voting system to determine semi-finalists. Planet Hollywood in Myrtle Beach will have the semifinals and finals in September.
The series of prizes for the winner include a starring role in the American Cancer Society’s first-ever Volunteer Honors Awards Show “Let’s Beat It!”, and evening of song and dance at 6 p.m. Sept. 27 at Legends in Concert in Myrtle Beach, with Mark Preston, formerly of The Lettermen, and Christopher Robbins & The E’clatez Dance Company, including Samantha Northart and Megan Curtis, with Allan King, host. Tickets for the public are $60, $70, $90 or $125, plus fees.