Light takes center stage
In a free program, “The Behavior of Light,” Fred Myers will discuss some fundamental characteristics of light that have helped yield so much information about astronomy and the universe. Details at 910-575-0033 or www.museumplanetarium.org.
Details: Noon at Ingram Planetarium, 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C., open 10:30 a.m. Mondays-Fridays and 12:30 p.m. Saturdays, also with various Sky Theater dome shows daily, each $9 ages 13-61, $8 ages 62 and older, $7 ages 3-12, and free ages 2 and younger.
Many free concerts, movies
Never miss a local story.
Free and mostly outside, weather permitting:
▪ Stan Gregory Duo, 1-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
▪ “The Cobbler” movie, for adults, 3 p.m. in Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common. 918-2380.
▪ Painted Man, 7-9 p.m. in amphitheater at the North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, at S.C. 90 and Robert Edge Parkway. 280-5594, ext. 3; or parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=18.
▪ “An American Tail” movie, 8:45 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com.
▪ Ricky Young, 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar and Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 or boathousemb.com.
Dance benefit, family fair
▪ Line-dance lesson with Rosalie and Jack Drust, in benefit for a religious freedom ministry, 3-5 p.m. in Duffy Center (gym) at St. Michael Catholic School, 542 Cypress Ave., Garden City Beach, east of U.S. 17 Business. $5 donation. 570-881-0244, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Brunswick County Family Fair, 6-8 p.m. at N.C. Cooperative Extension, Building N, 25 Referendum Drive, Bolivia, with free school supplies and other giveaways. 910-253-2610.
‘Whose Beach’ at Improv
Catch the Carolina Improv Company’s “Whose Beach Is It Anyway?” family friendly show Tuesdays and Fridays in August, for $15 ages 12 and older, $13 ages 4-11. (Also: “Whose Night Out Is It Anyway?” adult show, 7:30 p.m. Saturday, for $15, or $13.75 online.) Details at 272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com.
Details: 7:30 p.m. in Uptown Theater, at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres.