Blue brings laughs to stage
Josh Blue, a former U.S. Paralympic soccer player known for laughing around his cerebral palsy, will perform nightly through Saturday, with Mike Merryfield and Cooter Douglas opening. Details at 449-4242 or comedycabana.com.
Details: 8 p.m. daily (also 10:15 p.m. Friday-Saturday) at Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, just north of Myrtle Beach, for $20 or $23.
Dine for Miss Ruby’s Kids
In “Dining For a Cause,” a portion of proceeds this day benefit Miss Ruby’s Kids youth literacy efforts (436-7197 or www.missrubyskids.net. Reservations at 979-2747.
Details: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. at bisQit, 10880 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island, in Hammock Shops.
‘Padidington’ closes series
The “Summer Kids Series” concludes with “Padidington.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Details: 10 a.m. at Carmike Cinemas 12 at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $4, including a small popcorn and small beverage.
Variety of concerts
Mostly free and outside, weather permitting:
▪ Sharon Cumbee and Carol Brown, 6-9 p.m. in Georgetown’s Francis Marion Park, at Front and Broad streets. www.historicgeorgetownsc.com.
▪ Sick Stooges, 6:30 p.m. in Calabash Town Park, 868 Persimmon Road. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ “Music on Main,” with The Necessary Band, 7-9 p.m. at 202 Main St., North Myrtle Beach. 280-5594, ext. 3, or parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11.
▪ “Concerts on the Green” finale with Living on a Bad Name, tribute to Bon Jovi, 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com.
▪ “Hot Summer Nights,” with A Nickel Bag of Funk, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard. 779-2662 or www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
▪ EASY ESCAPE: Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers, 7:30 p.m. at Francis Marion University Performing Arts Center, 201 S. Dargan St., Florence. $52 or $62. 843-661-4444 or www.fmupac.org.
‘Dilemma’ at Stage Left
Stage Left Theatre Company continues “Dilemmas with Dinner,” the first of five plays in a season through June. Details at 232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.
Details: 8 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays through Aug. 30, at Stage Left, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, between Nevers and Lewis streets, next to Coastal Dance Centre. $18 general public; $15 active-duty military, veterans and students. Season tickets also available.