Events include Mopars, Skaggs
▪ In “Out of the Rice Fields” Gullah lecture series: “The African-American Camp Meeting Tradition in the Lowcountry,” with Minuette Floyd, 2:30-4 p.m. at Georgetown County Library, 405 Cleland St., Georgetown. Free. 545-3300.
▪ Finale for “Mopars at the Beach,” with cruise-in, noon, outside Wheels of Yesteryear, 413 Hospitality Lane, near Carolina Forest, off U.S. 501, by Myrtle Beach Speedway, with $2 discount for museum tour available (903-4774 or www.wheelsofyesteryearmb.com). Free. 803-361-3362, 803-461-7708 or www.moparsatthebeach.com.
▪ “TCM Presents ‘Grease Sing-a-Long’” 2 and 7 p.m. (and same times Wednesday) at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, for regular movie prices. 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
▪ Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder, 6 p.m. Calvin Gilmore Theater, on U.S. 17 Business, near northern junction of U.S. 17 Bypass in Myrtle Beach – home of the “The Carolina Opry” – $43, $50 or $60. 913-4000, www.thecarolinaopry.com and www.rickyskaggs.com.
Five concerts for free
Free and mostly outside, weather permitting:
▪ “Surfside Beach Sunday Serenades” with acoustic artists taking turns for 45 minutes each, with Coman Sproles, Neal Peterson, Doug Fankhauser, and Taylyn Reine., 2-5 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Passive Park, by veterans memorial, at Surfside and Willow drives, by front of Horry County Memorial Library, Surfside Beach branch. Details at 450-7281.
▪ Collie Buddz, 5 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
▪ Buddy Holly Tribute with Mister Fifties, 5-8 p.m. inside The Lucky Lady, 4480 Mineola Drive, Little River. 997-2904 or 798-2639.
▪ The Attractions Band, 6:30 p.m. in Holden Beach, N.C., in town’s Pavilion, at end of Jordan Boulevard. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ Soul Purpose, 7-10 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Ocean Boulevard and Mr. Joe White Avenue. Free. 779-2662 or www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.