Myriad summertime events
▪ “Mopars at the Beach” Classic & Modern Muscle Car Show, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at Broadway at the Beach, at 21st Avenue North and Robert Grissom Parkway in Myrtle Beach. $25 pre-registered vehicle entry, or $30 on site, or to display only, $15 and $20, respectively. Free to see. Also, “Cruise to the Strip Myrtle Beach” for free afterward. 803-361-3362, 803-461-7708 or www.moparsatthebeach.com.
▪ BarkAid 2015” – benefiting S.C. Coastal Animal Rescue and Educational Sanctuary (SC-CARES), based at 236 Abbeville Drive, off U.S. 701, north of Georgetown – 9 a.m.-9 p.m., with haircuts by Patrick Lomantini, a master hairstylist and his team, on his “50 States Tour,” at Beautiful Salon, 11983 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island. Appointments at 237-2333. More details at www.barkaid.org. Charity information at 546-7893 or www.sc-cares.org.
▪ EASY ESCAPE: “Spirit of ’45” tribute to World War II Veterans, by the Military Order of Purple Hearts, 9 a.m. at Florence National Cemetery, 803 E. National Cemetery Road, Florence, east of U.S. 52 and south of U.S. 76. 843-669-8783.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Myrtle Beach Car Club cruise-in, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Precious Blood of Christ Catholic Church, 1633 Waverly Road, Pawleys Island. Free. 742-9802.
▪ WYAV-FM “Wave” 104.1 T&A Morning Show’s “Carolina Boat Bash,” 11 a.m.-6 p.m., at Little River Inlet, near Bird Island, including concerts by Power Born Rebellion, Cornbread, and Driven Astray, and with hosts Tommy Collins and Korby Ray. Free. 448-1041, ext. 230; www.facebook.com/CarolinaBoatBash or www.wave104.net.
▪ Whole Lotta Shakin’ Oldies Music Fest, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., with music noon-5 p.m. by Marsha Morgan Band and Fat Jack band, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8, and receive $3 discount with donation of two canned or dry food items to help local food bank. 399-9463 or labelleamie.com.
▪ Shag demonstraton by Fessa John Hook, 1 p.m. at Horry County Museum (open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.), 805 Main St., Conway. Free. 915-5320 or www.horrycountymuseum.org.
▪ Reception for “FUNtastic Art” exhibit by students ages 5-17, 2-4 p.m. in North Myrtle Beach’s J. Bryan Floyd Community Center, 1030 Possum Trot Road in North Myrtle Beach. Exhibit continues 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays through October. 997-4729.
▪ Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, 5-8 p.m. at Tee Box Tavern, 4620 Dick Pond Road (S.C. 544), Socatsee. 503-8245.
▪ Rivertown Bluegrass Society concert with The Henson Girls at 5 and 7:15 p.m., and Lonesome Meadow 6 and 8 p.m., at Horry-Georgetown Technical College’s Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $12 ages 12 and older, otherwise free. 457-2854 or www.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com.
▪ “Endless Summer Bands, Brews & BBQ,” 5-9 p.m. at House of Blues, at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $20, including glass for sampling of 30 craft beers. 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
▪ “Conway SuperStar,” 7 p.m. in city’s Riverfront Park, with these categories: JuniorStar (ages 12 and younger), TeenStar(ages 13-17), and SuperStar, for adults. Free. 488-1950.
▪ Carolina Improv Company’s “Carolina Girls of Improv Comedy,” 7:30 p.m. in Uptown Theater, at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. $15, or $13.75 online. 272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com.