Movie, dance at rec hall
The Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common, has two special events on this day:
▪ A free movie at 3 p.m. for adults, “With This Ring.” Details at 918-2380.
Never miss a local story.
Author visits library
Becky Billingsley will sign copies of her new book, “Wicked Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand.” Details at 918-1295 or www.chapinlibrary.org
Details: 10 a.m.-noon at Myrtle Beach’s Chapin Memorial Library, 400 14th Ave. N., at Kings Highway.
Learn about telescopes
A free program will cover telescopes and electromagnetic waves. Details at 910-575-0033 or www.museumplanetarium.org.
Details: Noon at Ingram Planetarium, 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C., open 10:30 a.m. Mondays-Fridays and 12:30 p.m. Saturdays, also with various Sky Theater dome shows daily, each $9 ages 13-61, $8 ages 62 and older, $7 ages 3-12, and free ages 2 and younger.
Many free concerts, movies
Free and outside, weather permitting:
▪ Creampuffs & Bourbon duo, 1-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
▪ The Lucky Girls, 6:30 p.m. at Middleton Park Soccer Field, on S.E. 46th Street in Oak Island, N.C.; and movie at dusk, “Annie,” dusk at Garrison House in Southport, off Davis Street. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ “Paddington” movie, 8:30 p.m. North Myrtle Beach’s McLean Park, 93 Oak Drive, south of Main Street, between First and Second avenues south. 280-5594, ext. 3; or parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?news=true&id=6.
▪ “Finding Nemo” movie, 8:45 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com.
▪ Natalie Stovall, 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar and Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 or boathousemb.com.
Join Strand Cinema
The Strand Cinema group begins a new weekend of movies: You’re Not You,” from 2014, at 2:30 p.m., and “1,000 Times Good Night” (2013)7 p.m.; also, Saturday: “The Road Within” (2014) 2:30 p.m., and “A Tale of Winter” (1992) 7 p.m. Details at 527-2924 or www.strandcinema.org.
Details: At Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown; each $5 for members, otherwise $7.
Water park series ending
The “Live After Five” series, with extended hours until 9 p.m., concludes with a wave-pool concert by Jukebox Elly. Details at 238-3787 or www.wild-water.com.
Details: 5-9 p.m. at Wild Water & Wheels, 910 U.S. Business S., Surfside Beach, for $9.95 plus tax ages 3 and older; park opens 10 a.m. daily, with all-day rates available.