Free concerts, movies abound
Free, and mostly outside, weather permitting:
▪ “Hot Summer Nights,” with Bullfrog, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard. 779-2662 or www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
▪ Family Fun Nights” finale, with “Pirate Night,” 6 p.m. at Old Bridge Museum, 109 Shoreline Drive W., Sunset Beach, N.C., open 5-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesdays. 910-363-6585 or oldbridgepreservationsociety.org.
Never miss a local story.
▪ “Music on Main,” with The Entertainers, 7-9 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach’s Horseshoe, at Main Street and Ocean Boulevard. 280-5594, ext. 3, or parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11.
▪ Elvis Week celebration with Michael Sokolik Jr., also with such tributes to Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, and The Temptations, 7 p.m. inside Acme Bar and Grill, at Inlet Crossing Plaza, on U.S. 17 Business in Murrells Inlet. 651-1878.
▪ “Blended” movie, at dusk in Calabash Town Park, 868 Persimmon Road. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
‘SpongeBob’ in film series
The “Summer Kids Series,” with a different family movie Thursdays through Aug. 20, continues with “The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Details: 10 a.m. at Carmike Cinemas 12 at Myrtle Beach mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $4, including a small popcorn and small beverage.
Library goes to Turkey
Kathy Tiso will lead a travelogue, “Around the World at the Library: Turkey!” Details at 915-5281 or www.hcml.org.
Details: 3:30 p.m. at Horry County Memorial Library North Myrtle Beach branch, 910 First Ave. S. Free.
New season for Stage Left
Stage Left Theatre Company opens its third season in The Market Common with “Dilemmas with Dinner,” through Aug. 30, the first of five plays in a season through June. Details at 232-0339 or www.stagelefttheatremb.com.
Details: 8 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays and 3 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays, at Stage Left, 3064 DeVille St., Myrtle Beach, between Nevers and Lewis streets, next to Coastal Dance Centre. $18 general public; $15 active-duty military, veterans and students. Season tickets also available.
Free matinees for youth end
This is the final day for children ages 3-16 to receive free admission for a matinee to see a summer lineup of tribute artists that continues through Sept. 6: the Blues Brothers, Kenny Chesney, Katy Perry, Prince, Elvis Presley, and Michael Jackson. Details at 238-7827 or www.legendsinconcert.com/myrtle-beach.
Details: 4 p.m. – with other shows at 8 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays – at Legends in Concert, 2925 Hollywood Drive, at U.S. 17 Bypass and 29th Avenue North, in Lakeshore Village, across from Broadway at the Beach. Regularly priced tickets, plus tax: $38.95 or $43.95 for ages 17 and older, and $13.95 or $18.95 ages 3-16; booth $49.95 and $24.95, respectively per age group; and VIP $46.95 for all.