Special events fill day
▪ Continued opening weekend of fourth annual “Mopars at the Beach,” with Off Road Challenge, at Battery Park Off Road, 98 Harvest Road, Nesmith (843-319-3504 or www.batteryparkoffroad.com), near Hemingway. Gates open 10 a.m. Event $25 for car and driver and $5 general admission. Details at 803-361-3362, 803-461-7708 or www.moparsatthebeach.com.
▪ Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, noon-3 p.m. at Cheesesteak U, 1315 U.S. 501 Business, Conway, next to Oliver’s Restaurant. Free. 503-8245.
▪ “Coming to America,” from 1988, 2 p.m. (and 2 and 7 p.m. Wednesday) at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, for regular movie prices. 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Myrtle Beach Corvette Club monthly dinner meeting, 5 p.m. at Crow Creek Resort, 240 Hickman Road N.W., Calabash, N.C. 294-0127 or www.myrtlebeachcorvetteclub.com.
▪ “Eddie Miles’ “A Salute to Elvis and Country Legends, 7 p.m. at Alabama Theatre, in Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $22.95, $26.95 or $31.95. 272-1111 or www.alabama-theatre.com.
Various outings for free
Free and outside, weather permitting:
▪ “Surfside Beach Sunday Serenades” with acoustic artists taking turns for 45 minutes each, with Joe Moyer, Sudie & D’blooze, Robert Barrington, and Ed Lucky, 2-5 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Passive Park, by veterans memorial, at Surfside and Willow drives, by front of Horry County Memorial Library, Surfside Beach branch. Details at 450-7281.
▪ Jerryfest, 5 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
▪ Carolina Breakers, 6:30 p.m. in Holden Beach, N.C., in town’s Pavilion, at end of Jordan Boulevard. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ Fair in concert, 7-10 in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Ocean Boulevard and Mr. Joe White Avenue. Free. 779-2662 or www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.