Country music fans can start planning their trip to Myrtle Beach for next June.
Organizers of the Carolina Country Music Fest announced on their social media accounts that the festival would be back in town June 9 to 12. Artists have not yet been announced.
Last year’s festival featured headliners such as Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts and Eric Church.
Bob Durkin, president of Full House Productions, the group that hosts the festival, announced last month that the festival would return for a second year.
Never miss a local story.
Promoted as a three-day festival that runs Friday through Sunday, organizers arranged a kickoff concert on Thursday geared toward local residents.
Durkin said he planned to bring the kickoff concert back again next year. The festival sold 5,000 tickets to local residents for the 2015 Thursday kickoff concert featuring Sam Hunt.
Discounted tickets have been on sale for a few weeks at $139 for the three-day festival. Tickets are expected to go up in increments to $159 and then $189, he said.
In 2015, about 18,000 people attended the festival on Friday when Rascal Flatts headlined the show. Saturday had the most attendees, with 20,000 people going through the gates to see Eric Church. Sunday’s numbers dipped to 18,000 when Lady Antebellum closed out the festival.
Want to go?
For more information or to get tickets for next year, visit www.ccmf.com.