Free concerts outside
Free and outside, weather permitting:
▪ “Surfside Beach Sunday Serenades” with acoustic artists taking turns for 45 minutes each, with Duke Tinnes, Lola, Acoustic Johnny, and Glenn “Houndog Hanson,” 2-5 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Passive Park, by veterans memorial, at Surfside and Willow drives, by front of Horry County Memorial Library, Surfside Beach branch. Details at 450-7281.
▪ The Travelin’ Kine, 5-8 p.m. at All Saints (Anglican) Church, 3560 Kings River Road, Pawleys Island. 240-0425 or www.allsaintspawleys.org.
▪ Chris Robinson Brotherhood, 5 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
▪ Fantastic Shakers, 6:30 p.m. in Holden Beach, N.C., in town’s Pavilion, at end of Jordan Boulevard. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ Hawk Nelson, and Rhett Walker Band, 7 p.m. on Ocean Boulevard, between Eighth and Ninth avenues North in Myrtle Beach. 945-9440 or www.mygroundzero.com.
▪ Pizzaz Band, 7 p.m. in Celebrity Square, at Broadway at the Beach, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. Free. (Also: Bryan Dangerous’ interactive comedy show, 7 and 8 p.m. Sundays-Tuesdays, and MiniStarz show, with mini-celebrity tributes 7-8 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays.) 444-3200 or www.broadwayatthebeach.com.
Other special events
▪ NOPI (Number One Parts Inc.) Nationals Car Show finale, gates open 10 a.m., at Myrtle Beach Speedway, 455 Hospitality Lane, off U.S. 501, near Tanger Outlets and Carolina Forest. For ages 13 and older: $20 advance, $25 at gate, and free ages 12 and younger and for all active-duty service personnel. 236-0500 or www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com, and www.nopinationals.com.
▪ The Sun News Bridal Boutique, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Pine Lakes Country Club, 5603 Granddaddy Drive, Myrtle Beach. $6 at door. www.getmarriedinmyrtlebeach.com.
▪ “Gremlins,” from 1984, 2 p.m. (and 2 and 7 p.m. Wednesday), at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, for regular movie prices. 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
▪ Brunswick Little Theatre’s “Shrek, the Musical,” 2:30 p.m. Sundays through Aug. 2, and 7:30 p.m. July 31-Aug. 1, at Brunswick Community College’s Odell Williamson Auditorium, on U.S. 17 in Supply, N.C. $16.50 adults, $10.50 students, and $4.50 ages 12 and younger, from 910-755-7416 or www.bccowa.com. Troupe: 910-447-2586 or www.brunswicklittletheatre.com.