Variety of special events
▪ Corey Smith, with Bryson Jennings, 9 p.m. at House of Blues, at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $17.50, plus processing fees. Also, outside on The Deck: Gas Station Disco, 7-11 p.m., for free. 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
▪ NOPI (Number One Parts Inc.) Nationals Car Show, gates open 10 a.m. Saturday-Sunday at Myrtle Beach Speedway, 455 Hospitality Lane, off U.S. 501, near Tanger Outlets and Carolina Forest. For ages 13 and older: $20 advance, $25 at gate, for multiday pass, and free ages 12 and younger and for all active-duty service personnel. 236-0500 or www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com, and www.nopinationals.com.
▪ Mansfield Plantation lecture and book signing with Christopher Boyle, 1 p.m. at Horry County Museum (open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.), 805 Main St., Conway. Free. 915-5320 or www.horrycountymuseum.org.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Carolina Improv Company’s “Student Showcase,” 5 p.m. in Uptown Theater, at Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. $5. 272-4242 or www.carolinaimprov.com.
▪ Lecture on history of tobacco cultivation, with Eldred “Wink” Prince, 1 p.m. at Horry County Museum (open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.), 805 Main St., Conway. Free. 915-5320 or www.horrycountymuseum.org.
▪ Hot Rod Promotions cruise-in, 5-8 p.m. at The Burger Stop, 13088 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island, next to Fish House. Free. 503-8245.
▪ “Family Fun Night,” for Sav R Cats International adoption center near Surfside Beach, 6-10 p.m. at Surfside Bowl Entertainment Center, 510 U.S. 17 Business N., Surfside Beach. Bowl for two hours for $10, including shoe rental. 222-8057 or www.sav-r-cats.com, or from bowling alley at 238-2695 or www.surfsidebowlingcenter.com.
▪ Social dance with Rosalie and Jack Drust, disc jockeys, 6:30-10 p.m. at Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, Myrtle Beach, near The Market Common. $7. 570-881-0244, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ “A Night of Miracles,” with C4W Explosive Wrestling, and benefiting Grand Strand Miracle Leagues, 7 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Sportatorium, in The X Gym Sports Mall, 568 George Bishop Parkway, just west of Myrtle Beach, between U.S. 501 and U.S. 17 Bypass. $10. Details on C4W at 855-2028, or email email@example.com, Miracle Leagues at 448-7712 or www.gsmiracleleagues.com.
▪ Super Summer Lawn Chair Festival, with Mended Wings, 7 p.m. at Homewood Baptist Church, 3290 Highway 319, Conway. Free. 685-0070, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Brunswick Little Theatre’s “Shrek, the Musical,” 7:30 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays and 2:30 p.m. Sundays through Aug. 2, at Brunswick Community College’s Odell Williamson Auditorium, on U.S. 17 in Supply, N.C. $16.50 adults, $10.50 students, and $4.50 ages 12 and younger, from 910-755-7416 or www.bccowa.com. Troupe: 910-447-2586 or www.brunswicklittletheatre.com.
▪ Jukebox Elly, 8 p.m. Saturday, Plyler Park stage in downtown Myrtle Beach, as part of Hot Summer Nights celebration. Free. www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.