Slew of concerts, movies
Weather permitting for gigs outside, and most for free:
▪ Jerry Jones, 1-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
▪ Signal Fire, 6:30 p.m. at Middleton Park Soccer Field, on S.E. 46th Street in Oak Island, N.C. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Barefoot Movement, 7 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. open 9:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Admission lasts seven days: $15 ages 13-64, $13 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12, and free ages 3 and younger. 235-6000 or www.brookgreen.org.
▪ Trampled for Turtles, with American Aquarium opening, 8 p.m. at House of Blues, at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $27. Also, outside on The Deck: Gas Station Disco, 7-11 p.m., for free. 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
▪ “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” movie, 8:45 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com.
▪ Drake White and the Big Fire, 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar and Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 or boathousemb.com.
Learn weather safety tips
Learn weather readiness in “Severe Weather Safety and East Coast Tsunamis,” with Steven Pfaff from the National Weather Service’s Wilmington bureau. Details at 910-575-0033 or www.museumplanetarium.org.
Details: Noon at Ingram Planetarium, 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C., open 10:30 a.m. Mondays-Fridays and 12:30 p.m. Saturdays, also with various Sky Theater dome shows daily, each $9 ages 13-61, $8 ages 62 and older, $7 ages 3-12, and free ages 2 and younger.
Program goes to Israel
Join a “Traveling in Place” program for a video on Israel, taped with the country’s prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, as host. Details at 205-5280 or www.hcml.org.
Details: 2 p.m. at Horry County Memorial Library Surfside Beach branch, 410 Surfside Drive. Free.
NOPI show in full gear
Details: Gates open 4 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. Saturday-Sunday at Myrtle Beach Speedway, 455 Hospitality Lane, off U.S. 501, near Tanger Outlets and Carolina Forest. For ages 13 and older: $20 advance, $25 at gate, for three-day pass, and free ages 12 and younger and for all active-duty service personnel.
‘Accidental Love’ for free
Adults are invited to catch a movie every Friday, next with “Accidental Love,” starring Jessica Biel and Jake Gyllenhaal, and rated PG-13. Details at 918-2380.
Details: 3 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common. Free.