‘Shrek’ sequel in series
The “Summer Kids Series,” with a different family movie every Thursday, continues with “Shrek Forever After.” Details at 272-6598 or www.carmike.com/Events/Category/8.
Details: 10 a.m. at Carmike Cinemas 12 at Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S.17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for $4, including a small popcorn and small beverage.
Dine for Miss Ruby’s Kids
The third season of “Dining For a Cause” continues, with a portion of proceeds this day benefiting Miss Ruby’s Kids early childhood education program (436-7197 or www.missrubyskids.net. Reservations at 314-3424.
Details: Open 11:30 a.m. for lunch, 5:30 p.m. for dinner, at Caffe Piccolo, 9428 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island, north of Food Lion.
Concerts, movies outside
Free and weather permitting:
▪ Hot dog cookout and activities, 6 p.m. at Old Bridge Museum, 109 Shoreline Drive W., Sunset Beach, N.C., open 5-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesdays. 910-363-6585 or oldbridgepreservationsociety.org.
▪ Both 6:30 p.m.: Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot, in Rourk Gardens, on Main Street in Shallotte, N.C., across from Jerome’s Steak & Seafood; and James & Emma acoustic duet, in Calabash Town Park, 868 Persimmon Road. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ “Music on Main,” with The Deluge, 7-9 p.m. at 202 Main St., North Myrtle Beach. 280-5594, ext. 3, or parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=11.
▪ “Hot Summer Nights,” with Crashbox, 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, at Mr. Joe White Avenue and North Ocean Boulevard. 779-2662 or www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
▪ Movie “Zookeeper,” 9 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Martin Field, at Dogwood Drive and Sixth Avenue South. 650-9548 or www.surfsidebeach.org.
‘Bye Bye Birdie’ rolls on
The Swamp Fox Players continue “Bye Bye Birdie,” with performances at 8 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays, and 2:30 p.m. Sundays, through Aug. 2. Details at 527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com.
Details: at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown. $18.
‘Family Night’ in gardens
Brookgreen Gardens, open 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. daily, continues “Cool Summer Evenings,” staying open until 9 p.m. Wednesdays-Fridays through Aug. 7. Catch “Family Night” on Thursdays, with “Evening Bed Check With the Animals,” 5 p.m. across Lowcountry Zoo; storytelling with Donna Catton-Johnson, 6 p.m. in Enchanted Storybook Forest; and “A Pirate Adventure at Brookgreen” creek excursions for families, at 5, 6 and 7 p.m., for an extra fee besides garden admission: $8 ages 13 and older, and $4 ages 4-12. Details at 235-6000 or www.brookgreen.org.
Details: At gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach, across from Huntington Beach State Park. Admission lasts seven days: $15 ages 13-64, $13 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12, and free ages 3 and younger.