Free outings voluminous
Free, with several outside, weather permitting:
▪ “Surfside Beach Sunday Serenades” with acoustic artists taking turns for 45 minutes each, with Joe Moyer, Sudie & Da’blooze, Neal Peterson, and Glenn “Houndog Hanson” and Acoustic Johnny, 2-5 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Passive Park, by veterans memorial, at Surfside and Willow drives, by front of Horry County Memorial Library, Surfside Beach branch. Details at 450-7281.
▪ Special screening of “The Retrieval,” with co-star Georgetown native Bill Oberst Jr. on hand for introduction, 2:30 p.m. (doors open) at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown. 527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com, and www.billoberst.com.
▪ “Arts at the Church,” with Diego Boatwright, Nick Dane, Brandon Davis, Reyna Papotto and Selina Mancini from Theatre of the Republic’s Coastal Youth Theatre, singing and acting selections from “Oklahoma” and “Carousel,” with Lunda Cornelius, 3 p.m. at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2061 Glenns Bay Road, west of Surfside Beach. 750-0344.
▪ “Elvis ’N’ Friends, including Micharl Sokolik Jr., 4-7 p.m. at Acme Bar & Grill, 3320 U.S. 17 Business, Murrells Inlet, in Inlet Crossing Plaza. 651-1878.
▪ The Expendables, 5 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
▪ “The Last Gig of Buddy Holly” dinner concert with Mister Fifties, 5-8 p.m. at Lucky Lady, 4480 Mineola Drive, Little River. No cover. 997-2904 or 798-2639.
▪ Marsha Morgan Band, 6:30 p.m. in Holden Beach, N.C., in town’s Pavilion, at end of Jordan Boulevard. 910-253-2031 or bcparks.recdesk.com.
▪ “Sunday Celebrations on the Boardwalk,” with Colton Dixon, and Coley, 7 p.m. on Ocean Boulevard, between Eighth and Ninth avenues North in Myrtle Beach. 945-9440 or www.mygroundzero.com.
Classic returns to screen
See “TCM Presents ‘Double Indemnity,’” from 1944, on the silver screen. Details at 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
Details | 2 and 7 p.m. Sunday, Monday and Wednesday at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, for regular movie prices.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.