Music, art events plentiful
▪ Myrtle Beach Car Club, “Back to Summer” club show, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. (rescheduled from May 9) – at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. $20 entry fee (sign-up opens 9 a.m.), with 50 trophies to be awarded. 742-9802.
▪ “Summer Parrot Head Fest,” noon-6 p.m., with music till 5 p.m. by Latitude, and The Lanny Prewitt Band, at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. $8; also, save $3 with donation of two canned/dry goods for food bank. 399-9463 or labelleamie.com.
▪ Mansfield Plantation lecture and book signing with Christopher Boyle, 1 p.m. at Horry County Museum (open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.), 805 Main St., Conway. Free. 915-5320 or www.horrycountymuseum.org.
▪ Meet-and-greet with artists Lynn Finlay, Margo Flynn, Nancy Stringer, 1-5 p.m. at Jewelry by Wendy – Beach House Fine Arts, 10152 Beach Drive S.W., Unit 6, Calabash, N.C., open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 910-575-0024 or www.jewelrybywendy.com.
▪ Rivertown Bluegrass Society concert, with Grass Strings at 5 and 7:15 p.m., and Subject to Change Band 6 and 8 p.m., at Horry-Georgetown Technical College’s Burroughs & Chapin Auditorium, off U.S. 501 in Conway. $12 ages 12 and older, otherwise free. 457-2854 or www.rivertownbluegrasssociety.com.
▪ Opening reception for “Emblematic” exhibit by Mike Williams, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Cheryl Newby Gallery, 11096 Ocean Highway, Pawleys Island, in The Shops at Oak Lea, with exhibit through Aug. 15. Open 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. 979-0149, 800-435-2733 or www.cherylnewbygallery.com.
▪ Theatre of the Republic’s 2014-15 Torry Awards, 7:30 p.m. at Main Street Theatre, 335 Main St., Conway. $15. Doors open 6:30 p.m. for red carpet arrival of nominees. 488-0821 or www.theatreoftherepublic.com.
▪ In This Moment, with 36 Crazyfists, The Defiled, First Decree, 7:30 p.m. at House of Blues, at Barefoot Landing, on U.S. 17 in North Myrtle Beach. $23. Also, Sparks the Rescue, outside on The Deck, for free. 272-3000 or www.hob.com/myrtlebeach.
▪ Opening weekend for Swamp Fox Players’ “Bye Bye Birdie,” 8 p.m. Saturday, and July 23-25 and 30-31, and Aug. 1; and 2:30 p.m. July 26 and Aug. 2, at Strand Theater, 710 Front St., Georgetown. $18. 527-2924 or www.swampfoxplayers.com.
▪ “The Great Outdoors” movie, 8:30 p.m. at C.B. Berry Historical & Community Center, 2250 S.C. 179, Little River, beside Vereen Memorial Gardens. Free. 249-4157 or www.parksandrec.horrycounty.org.
▪ “High Steppin’ Country” musical revue, 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays through Aug. 15, then Saturdays only through Sept. 5, at Lakewood Camping Resort’s Theater by the Sea, 5901 S. Kings Highway, between Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach, about a mile north of S.C. 544, for $10 ages 12 and older, $5 ages 3-11. Guests from outside Lakewood are asked to park by the conference center, just north of the campground entrance, and catch a shuttle to the venue. 447-7359.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.