‘Hello Pluto!’ at planetarium
“Science in Small Bytes” continues with a free program, “Hello Pluto!” covering its discovery and its demotion to dwarf planet status. Details at 910-575-0033 or www.museumplanetarium.org.
Details | Noon at Ingram Planetarium, 7625 High Market St., Sunset Beach, N.C., open 10:30 a.m. Mondays-Fridays and 12:30 p.m. Saturdays, also with various Sky Theater dome shows daily, each $9 ages 13-61, $8 ages 62 and older, $7 ages 3-12, and free ages 2 and younger.
Explore lab at Hobcaw
Join staff from North Inlet-Winyah Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve for ‘”Behind the Lab Coats,” with a program inside and out, including a saltmarsh boardwalk. With room for only 14 visitors, registration is required at 904-9016 or 904-9017. More details at www.northinlet.sc.edu.
Details | 1-3 p.m. at Hobcaw Barony, on U.S. 17, just north of Georgetown. Free.
Museum unearths exhibit
A special night, “Jurassic Museum,” will include the unveiling of a “Dino Dig” exhibit. Details at 946-9469 or www.cmsckids.org.
Details | 5-7 p.m. at Children’s Museum of South Carolina,2204 N. Oak St., Myrtle Beach. $1. (Also, museum open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Saturdays and noon-5 p.m. Sundays, for $8 ages 2 and older, otherwise free.
Various events outside
Weather permitting, and most for free:
▪ Mustang Week 11th annual car show, with judging starting at 11 a.m. (awards at 3 p.m. Saturday) at Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres. Free to see. www.mustangweek.com.
▪ Johnny Cobb, 1-5 p.m. at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. 399-9463 or www.labelleamie.com.
▪ Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot, 7-9 p.m. at North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex, at S.C. 90 and Robert Edge Parkway. 280-5594, ext. 3, or parks.nmb.us/Page.aspx?id=18.
▪ A Nickel Bag of Funk, 7 p.m. at Brookgreen Gardens, on U.S. 17, between Murrells Inlet and Litchfield Beach. open 9:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Admission lasts seven days: $15 ages 13-64, $13 ages 65 and older, and $7 ages 4-12, and free ages 3 and younger. 235-6000 or www.brookgreen.org.
▪ “Planes: Fire & Rescue” movie, at sunset in Georgetown’s Rainey Park, at Front and King streets. www.historicgeorgetownsc.com.
▪ “Frozen” movie, 8:45 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Valor Memorial Garden, on Farrow Parkway, at The Market Common. 839-3500 or www.marketcommonmb.com.
▪ Austin Mowery Band, 9 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar and Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 or boathousemb.com.
See ‘Interstellar’ for free
Adults are invited to catch a movie every Friday, next with “Interstellar,” starring Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway,” and rated PG-13. Details at 918-2380.
Details | 3-6 p.m. at Myrtle Beach Base Recreation Center, 800 Gabreski Lane, near Farrow Parkway and The Market Common. Free.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeachOnline.com/kicks.