Program hails Hawaii
Join an “armchair travel” presentation on Hawaii, which this week, commemorates its 55th anniversary since joining the Union. Details at 915-5282 or www.hcml.org.
Details | 11 a.m. at Horry County Memorial Library’s Carolina Forest branch 2250 Carolina Forest Blvd., east of U.S. 501, for free.
Free concerts at four sites
Never miss a local story.
Catch a free concert by:
• Billy Fallaw, organist and director of music at First United Methodist Church in Conway, noon at Georgetown Presbyterian Church, 558 Black River Road, Georgetown. 546-5826.
• Jerry Jones, noon-5 p.m. during “Wine Wednesday” at La Belle Amie Vineyard, 1120 St. Joseph Road, Little River, just west of North Myrtle Beach Middle School. 399-9463 orwww.labelleamie.com
• Darrell Harwood, 6:30-8:30 p.m. in Sunset Beach (N.C.) Village Park gazebo, on Queen Anne Street. Details atwww.sunsetbeachconcerts.com
• Backfire in Oceanfront Merchants Association’s “Hot Summer Nights,” 8-11 p.m. in Myrtle Beach’s Plyler Park, Mr. Joe White Avenue at North Ocean Boulevard, with fireworks at 10 p.m., off Second Avenue (North) Pier.www.myrtlebeachdowntown.com
Club doubles up
Choose from two comedy shows through at Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s Celebrity Square, off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. Details at 839-2565 or www.carolinacomedyclub.com:
• “The Magic of Carl Michael,” 7 p.m. Wednesday only , for $21.95 ages 13 and older, otherwise $11.95.
• Dean Napolitano, 9 p.m. Wednesday-Thursday, and 8 and 10 p.m. Friday-Saturday, for $15.
Elvis movie on screen
In a “Classic Film Series,” see “Elvis: That’s The Way It Is.” Details at 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
Details | 2 and 7 p.m. at Cinemark at Coastal Grand mall, off Seaboard Street in Myrtle Beach, for regular movie prices or $30 for a pass to see all six movies through mid-August.
Play with model trains
The Grand Strand Model Railroaders’ club site contains several working model trains the public is welcome to enjoy. Details at 297-7162, 293-4386 or www.gsmrrc.org.
Details | noon-4 p.m. Wednesdays (and 10 a.m.-5 p.m Saturdays and 4-7 p.m. Mondays) at the club site, in Myrtle Beach mall, three doors from Bass Pro Shops, at U.S. 17 and S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, for free.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach