‘Shock Shiver’ music fest
The Shock Shiver Music Festival consists of 12 acts – Black Hand Throne, The Day of Night, Driven Under, Killa Bytz, Ricky Lee, Peter Morealle, Manbearpig, Oceans Orange, Open Wire, Rabble N Rebellion, Wormboy, and Lindo Velarde – in a fundraiser for Ivy Leaf Film Productions’ inaugural Shock Shiver Film Festival, Oct. 31 at Frank Theatres’ CineBowl & Grille, at Inlet Square, in Murrells Inlet. Details at 650-6697, 267-7052 or www.ivyleaffilm.com.
Pair of cruise-ins
• By Hot Rod Promotions, noon-3 p.m. at Cheesesteak U, 1315 U.S. 501 Business, Conway, next to Oliver’s Restaurant Free. Details at 503-8245.
• “Mopars at the Beach” conclusion, noon-4 p.m. at at Wheels of Yesteryear auto and truck museum (903-4774 or
), 413 Hospitality Lane, off U.S. 501, near Carolina Forest, across from Tanger Outlets, by Myrtle Beach Speedway. Free, but preregistration requested. Details atwww.moparsatthebeach.com
Three free weekly concerts
• “Surfside Beach Sunday Serenades,” 2-5 p.m. with Jesse Uzzel, Brian Roessler, Doug Fankhauser, and Fair, 2-5 p.m. in Surfside Beach’s Passive Park with veterans memorial, at Surfside and Willow drives, by front of Horry County Memorial Library, Surfside Beach branch. Details at 450-7281.
• Tru Sol, at 5 p.m. at The Boathouse Waterway Bar & Grill, 201 Fantasy Harbor Blvd., along Intracoastal Waterway, just west of Myrtle Beach, off U.S. 501, next to Clarion Hotel. 903-2628 or www.boathousemb.com.
• The Tim Clark Band, 6:30 p.m. in Holden Beach, N.C., Pavilion, at end of Jordan Boulevard. 910-253-2031 orwww.brunswickcountync.gov
‘Elvis’ movie in series
A “Classic Film Series” hits its final week, with “Elvis: That’s the Way It Is” at 2 p.m. Sunday and 2 and 7 p.m. Wednesday. Details at 839-3225 or www.cinemark.com.
’50s sock hop party
Join a 1950s sock hop dance and party, with live music by Mister Fifties. Details at 798-2639.
For a complete list of upcoming events, festivals and shows, visit MyrtleBeach